+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What happens if POE work permit is denied with a valid LMIA?

beholder69

Oct 9, 2011
As above, just want to plan things ahead. In the (unlikely I hope) event that a visa exempt visitor goes to the border with a valid LMIA on their name to get a work permit and for any reason they get denied, what happens? Do they let them back in as visitors or?...

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

beholder69 said:
As above, just want to plan things ahead. In the (unlikely I hope) event that a visa exempt visitor goes to the border with a valid LMIA on their name to get a work permit and for any reason they get denied, what happens? Do they let them back in as visitors or?...
No, they probably wouldn't as they would expect that the person's intention was to work anyway.

beholder69

Oct 9, 2011
Thanks PMM! I still have difficulty imagining that though. So, even though they'd not even have any stuff on them, I mean like they'd still have personal items etc in Canada, they'd put them in the next flight back home?

All this highly hypothetical of course, just want to have all bases as covered as possible.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

beholder69 said:
Thanks PMM! I still have difficulty imagining that though. So, even though they'd not even have any stuff on them, I mean like they'd still have personal items etc in Canada, they'd put them in the next flight back home?

All this highly hypothetical of course, just want to have all bases as covered as possible.
If they had stuff in Canada, they might be admitted for a short while, to pick up their stuff and leave, probably a week or 2.