+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

what happens if LMIA expires before decision made???

h2omd

Star Member
Jul 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi folks

my LMIA expires soon , my EE application is still pending , also ive applied for a work permit with the LMIA . the work permit is also still pending . one thing im sure of is that the LMIA paper clearly indicates that i have to apply for a work permit before a specific date ; which ive done . but will my PR application be affected and will i be deducted LMIA points (600) , even though ive applied for a work permit with that LMIA ? i mean will they assume i will be granted a work permit and maintain the points or will they flag me ?

pfse

Mar 20, 2014
h2omd said:
hi folks

my LMIA expires soon , my EE application is still pending , also ive applied for a work permit with the LMIA . the work permit is also still pending . one thing im sure of is that the LMIA paper clearly indicates that i have to apply for a work permit before a specific date ; which ive done . but will my PR application be affected and will i be deducted LMIA points (600) , even though ive applied for a work permit with that LMIA ? i mean will they assume i will be granted a work permit and maintain the points or will they flag me ?
If you're already applied for PR, than your application will be assessed base on the information available on the lock-in date. Lock-in date is a date when CIC received your application for PR (but not the EE profile).