+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What happens after the medical?

Tasjam

Jan 13, 2014
In November I applied for a temporary work permit through the visa office in Kingston, Jamaica. During December a form was sent to me to do a medical, I did the medical and it got to Ottawa on January 3rd. I would like to find out if being asked to do the medical is a sure sign that I will get the work permit and how long after receipt of the medical can I expect to hear something. Thank you

Tasjam

Jan 13, 2014
I sincerely hope so. I am however concerned that if it is delayed too long there might be a problem seeing that my husband study permit expires in August . I am also assuming that the TWP will expire when my husband study permit expires.

Tasjam

Jan 13, 2014
Is there anyone out there who applied through Kingston visa office? I am curious as to weather you will know when Kingston gets a feedback from Ottawa, will it be reflected when you go online to track your application or will the comment remain as documents received - under consideration.

Tasjam

Jan 13, 2014
Like I said before that I applied for my work permit through the Kingston visa office but I work in another country and did the medical there. My passport was sent back to me along with the medical request form, after I did the medical I sent back my passport to the visa office. I got a document from the doctor which he says is my proof that I have completed the medical but I am now wondering if I should have sent back this form along with my passport to the visa office. Please tell me what you think