+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What happens after the background check?

mel406

Star Member
Jan 9, 2018
I've searched and don't see any answers to what I'm wondering.

I'm a July, 2018 Inland applicant. I completed my medical and fingerprints in November, 2018 and am now in background-check-land (since the last week of November) and wondering what happens next.

I've seen the Outland timeline of:
  1. Application received at IRCC
  2. IRCC starts processing application
  3. Receive Acknowledgement of Receipt (AOR 1)
  4. Link Application to Online Account
  5. Upload Schedule A form
  6. Sponsor Approval and File transfer to VO (for outland apps)
  7. VO starts processing PR application (AOR 2)
  8. Receive Request for Medical Exam
  9. Medical Exam @ IRCC Panel Physician Clinic
  10. Medical Exam Result
  11. Eligibility Assessment and Background Check
  12. Passport Request (PPR)
  13. Pick-up Permanent Residency Visa (PUM)
but I'm wondering if it differs for Inland applicants, and if so, how (aside from the obvious #6 and #7)? Is there going to be an interview? Or once the background check is complete, am I just going to get my PPR and then I'm essentially done after #13?

Sorry, just seeking reassurance at this point that there's no additional stuff I'm missing that I could be anxious about. o_O

shalenabennie

Champion Member
Jan 17, 2017
Visa Office......
London
I've searched and don't see any answers to what I'm wondering.

I'm a July, 2018 Inland applicant. I completed my medical and fingerprints in November, 2018 and am now in background-check-land (since the last week of November) and wondering what happens next.

I've seen the Outland timeline of:
  1. Application received at IRCC
  2. IRCC starts processing application
  3. Receive Acknowledgement of Receipt (AOR 1)
  4. Link Application to Online Account
  5. Upload Schedule A form
  6. Sponsor Approval and File transfer to VO (for outland apps)
  7. VO starts processing PR application (AOR 2)
  8. Receive Request for Medical Exam
  9. Medical Exam @ IRCC Panel Physician Clinic
  10. Medical Exam Result
  11. Eligibility Assessment and Background Check
  12. Passport Request (PPR)
  13. Pick-up Permanent Residency Visa (PUM)
but I'm wondering if it differs for Inland applicants, and if so, how (aside from the obvious #6 and #7)? Is there going to be an interview? Or once the background check is complete, am I just going to get my PPR and then I'm essentially done after #13?

Sorry, just seeking reassurance at this point that there's no additional stuff I'm missing that I could be anxious about. o_O
Generally the bgc is the last phase (I fit outland anyways) and I think it's the save for inland. Generally, the interview, if required is before the bgc but I have read ircc on occasion even asking for an interview after ppr! So it's safe to say they can ask for an interview whenever they feel the need. Bgc can take weeks! Up to a year. Anticipate on it taking until July, to complete the 12 months, but maybe you'll get lucky and it will finish sooner! Good luck :)

amandabear9

Star Member
Sep 30, 2014
Ontario
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
29-05-2018
AOR Received.
10-06-2018
Med's Request
11-10-2018
Med's Done....
20-11-2018
I am a May applicant and from my understanding after background check is sponsor eligibility and applicant eligibility. Decision made then interview.