+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What happens after STUDYING IN CANADA?

soccer12o

Dec 17, 2012
Hi there,

I want to apply for Canada study permit. What really attracted me is that there is 100% chance of Permanent residency in Canada after studying 4 years of Bachelors.

Therefore, I just want to have information on this topic. Is it really true? I am thinking Canada and UK but in UK you have to live legally for 5 years in order to qualify for citizenship. But I don't think that's the case in Canada.

Please reply. Thanking you all in anticipation.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
soccer12o said:
Hi there,

I want to apply for Canada study permit. What really attracted me is that there is 100% chance of Permanent residency in Canada after studying 4 years of Bachelors.

Therefore, I just want to have information on this topic. Is it really true? I am thinking Canada and UK but in UK you have to live legally for 5 years in order to qualify for citizenship. But I don't think that's the case in Canada.

Please reply. Thanking you all in anticipation.
No - there certainly isn't a 100% chance of permanent residency in Canada after studying a 4 year Bachelors. You have to meet other qualifications before you can apply for PR. If you are applying through the CEC program for example, then after you finish your studies you also have to complete one year of fulll time skilled work experience in Canada before you can qualify to apply. There are different requirements for the other programs as well (skilled worker, provincial class). Some require job offers in Canada, some require a few years of experience, etc. However completing a 4 year BA in Canada certainly doesn't guarantee PR.

Once you have PR, you must live in Canada 3 out of the 4 years to apply for citizenship. Once you have applied, the processing time for citizenship is approximately 2 years.

lorerodri

Feb 10, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
scylla said:
No - there certainly isn't a 100% chance of permanent residency in Canada after studying a 4 year Bachelors. You have to meet other qualifications before you can apply for PR. If you are applying through the CEC program for example, then after you finish your studies you also have to complete one year of fulll time skilled work experience in Canada before you can qualify to apply. There are different requirements for the other programs as well (skilled worker, provincial class). Some require job offers in Canada, some require a few years of experience, etc. However completing a 4 year BA in Canada certainly doesn't guarantee PR.

Once you have PR, you must live in Canada 3 out of the 4 years to apply for citizenship. Once you have applied, the processing time for citizenship is approximately 2 years.
Hi Scylla, please, i have a doubt about Residency through studies, how about if i finish my program, have a perment job and collect 1 year of work experience. My wife and children can come to visit me? Or can they come during the process of residency?

Regards