Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2012
So what happens after PPR? Meaning, we applied via Outland process (CPP-Ottawa) but my U.S. wife has remained in Canada as a visitor throughout the process. Once we get the PPR request and assuming no interview, we would copy or scan her passport and send it to CPP-Ottawa?? They will issue some kind of letter or confirmation of perm residence?? Then she would have to go to a U.S.-Canada border somewhere and get passport stamped or something? Is this how it works? Seems odd she would have to leave Canda when she is already here!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Yes - that's how it works. You can request a landing at an office within Canada. However there is typically a wait of a few weeks to a few months for a landing interview spot. It's faster to leave the country and then re-enter to land.

sabret00the

Star Member
Jun 25, 2014
Calgary
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CPC: Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Not relevant
App. Filed.......
12-Sep-2014
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
25-Nov-2014
AOR Received.
06-Jul-2015
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
31-Aug-2015
Med's Done....
23-Jan-2015 (TRV Meds have not yet expired)
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
21-Sep-2015
VISA ISSUED...
16-Sep-2015
LANDED..........
Dec 2015
scylla said:
Yes - that's how it works. You can request a landing at an office within Canada. However there is typically a wait of a few weeks to a few months for a landing interview spot. It's faster to leave the country and then re-enter to land.
There are 2 questions that I have. Would be great if experts/seniors can advise:

1. My Wife (Indian Citizen) who is in Canada as a Temp Worker has sent her Passport to CPC - Ottawa for PR Visa Stamping.
a. Can she as for a "Landing" Appointment with CIC Office in Halifax now?
b. Should she wait for the Passport to get Stamped and returned to her and then get her "Landed Status" through Flagpoling? Is there any risk in Flagpoling?

2. I'm about to send my Passport to Delhi CIC office via VFS Global.
a. Do I need to travel to Canada within a specified time period i.e. Validity of the Stamped "Immigrant" Visa?