+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What happens after obtaining a validated job offer?

jour1

Nov 14, 2023
I am in Quebec on an open work permit and have been hired by a company that has told me they will assist with obtaining a VJO. I know that with a VJO I will have enough points to be invited to apply for permanent residence. What I don't know is what happens while that is processing. My current work permit expires in a year. Would a successful VJO application allow me to obtain a temporary work permit that would allow me to continue to work for this company while my provincial and federal applications are being processed?

avanoob0712

Nov 9, 2022
VJO only gives you more points to be invited for CSQ. It doesn't have anything to do with federal part (work permit, pr application...)

feedingspree

Oct 14, 2020
I am in Quebec on an open work permit and have been hired by a company that has told me they will assist with obtaining a VJO. I know that with a VJO I will have enough points to be invited to apply for permanent residence. What I don't know is what happens while that is processing. My current work permit expires in a year. Would a successful VJO application allow me to obtain a temporary work permit that would allow me to continue to work for this company while my provincial and federal applications are being processed?
VJO will allow you to increase your points to be able to apply for csq, after obtaining csq then you will apply for pr at the federal goverment but currently right now you need level 7 french for applying at the arrima even if you have VJO.

jour1

Nov 14, 2023
VJO will allow you to increase your points to be able to apply for csq, after obtaining csq then you will apply for pr at the federal goverment but currently right now you need level 7 french for applying at the arrima even if you have VJO.
The French isn't a problem. I would not have moved to Quebec if I couldn't speak French.

feedingspree

Oct 14, 2020
The French isn't a problem. I would not have moved to Quebec if I couldn't speak French.
good for you then, after obtaining your VJO then you apply at arrima to have CSQ and after you receive your CSQ you need to apply for permanent residence at the fedaral goverment.

jour1

Nov 14, 2023
good for you then, after obtaining your VJO then you apply at arrima to have CSQ and after you receive your CSQ you need to apply for permanent residence at the fedaral goverment.
But isn't there some sort of temporary work permit I can get while my permanent residence application is processing?

feedingspree

Oct 14, 2020
But isn't there some sort of temporary work permit I can get while my permanent residence application is processing?
as far as i know you need to have valid status while you have an ongoing pr application. I had applied for PR and my permit will expire on april so i had applied for renewal or extension of my work permit in case that my PR application will take long to process.