+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What happens after I obtain my citizenship?

Alia87

Feb 5, 2013
I know that if I enter Canada as QSW or through a PNP, I'm not suppose to move from the place I agreed to live in, in order to preserve my PR (right?).

Now, my question is, what happens after I become a canadian citizen? I'm thinking that once I have my citizenship aproved, I should be able to move wherever I want. Am I correct?

Thanks a lot.

Francoisebz

Jan 22, 2013
Well, I believe that once you have landed with your PR, you are free to move, not necessary to wait for the citizenship. My friends did it.. They got PR with FSW, landed in Toronto and came to Montreal after few days.

mehulca

Oct 9, 2010
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-04-2010
Doc's Request.
24-06-2010
AOR Received.
27-07-2010
IELTS Request
Result submitted with other documents
File Transfer...
30-06-2010
Med's Request
08-11-2012
Med's Done....
20-11-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
18-02-2013 received on 25-02-2013
LANDED..........
April 2013
Alia87 said:
I know that if I enter Canada as QSW or through a PNP, I'm not suppose to move from the place I agreed to live in, in order to preserve my PR (right?).

Now, my question is, what happens after I become a canadian citizen? I'm thinking that once I have my citizenship aproved, I should be able to move wherever I want. Am I correct?

Thanks a lot.
If you have got visa under PNP/QSW you are obliged to remain in that particular region/province for a specified period of time. However, once you become Canadian Citizen, you are free to move anywhere in Canada.

Alia87

Feb 5, 2013
mehulca said:
If you have got visa under PNP/QSW you are obliged to remain in that particular region/province for a specified period of time. However, once you become Canadian Citizen, you are free to move anywhere in Canada.
That's exactly what I'm thinking. I'm not sure though, since I haven't read it anywhere.

Francoisebz

Jan 22, 2013
Maybe I got the wrong information.. not sure about PNP, but I was told we are free to move after getting Pr under QSW (I applied under QSW).
Where can we get such information?

Francoisebz

Jan 22, 2013
I remember now that I know an italian couple who got the PR under the QSW and after spending 6 months in Montreal, they moved to Vancouver because they struggled finding a job.
Also, look here:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/qsw-but-want-to-move-to-toronto-t100167.0.html

It is not necessary to wait until getting the citizenship!!

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mehulca said:
However, once you become Canadian Citizen, you are free to move anywhere in Canada.
No, once you become Canadian Citizen, you are free to move anywhere (not just Canada)!