+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What happens after getting AOR?

foxygrandpa

Star Member
Nov 3, 2017
hi everyone
I got my AOR today as I was an October applicant whose application was lost. I re applied early January and got my AOR.
now I was wondering what happens after getting AOR and why do I not have have access to the ECAS system? Can someone indicate how I can access the ECAS system?
Thanks

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
hi everyone
I got my AOR today as I was an October applicant whose application was lost. I re applied early January and got my AOR.
now I was wondering what happens after getting AOR and why do I not have have access to the ECAS system? Can someone indicate how I can access the ECAS system?
Thanks
ECAS: https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/authenticate.do?app=

Takes 24-72 hours to become active after you get AOR. I have a feeling you got AOR for your first application, you'll know for sure when ECAS is active.

Next, your application will be transferred to a local CPC for actual processing like background - criminality, security, eligibility checks. They will schedule you for the citizenship test and an interview following it. If all goes well, and no RQ is sent to you, then final step is oath. Good luck

Reactions: foxygrandpa

civilengr

Sep 29, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10/27/2014
AOR Received.
PER 01/28/2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
File Transfer...
Additional docs requested : 03/06/2015. doc sent 03/20/2015 RPRF : 03/27/2015
Med's Request
03/28/2015
Med's Done....
04/07/2015 Medical recieved : 04/14/2015
Interview........
Decision Made : 05/30/2015
Passport Req..
06/02/2015
LANDED..........
06/25/2015
hi everyone
Thanks
How did you find it out that your application was lost?

foxygrandpa

Star Member
Nov 3, 2017
How did you find it out that your application was lost?
I was told so by cic but opened an investigation with Canada post and they were told by the mailroom that my application was delivered. I will let you all know if this AOR is from my first app or second.

foxygrandpa

Star Member
Nov 3, 2017
ECAS: https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/authenticate.do?app=

Takes 24-72 hours to become active after you get AOR. I have a feeling you got AOR for your first application, you'll know for sure when ECAS is active.

Next, your application will be transferred to a local CPC for actual processing like background - criminality, security, eligibility checks. They will schedule you for the citizenship test and an interview following it. If all goes well, and no RQ is sent to you, then final step is oath. Good luck
Thank you for this!!