+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What happen if my job change?

zhangquannick

Jan 25, 2014
Hi. I have a question here. Hope someone can answer me.

1) If I already apply PNP and waiting for nomination and my job change, (ex. find a new job, our company sold but I get hire from the new company) do I have to start over again?
2) If I get nomination and use that to apply my pr, during that time my job change, do I have to start over again?
3) What happen if I apply under CEC? Do I have to start over again?

If you know the answer, plz let me know. Thanks for your time.

canadavisa13

Champion Member
Jun 13, 2013
Hi,

no one will be able to help you because your questions are general,its like saying how will i charge my phone if i lost my charger....should i buy a new one or maybe borrow my neighbor's :D lol
here is what we should know:
under which stream and province you applied for nomination?
did your employer sponsor you for nomination?
when you say company sold and get hire from the new company,do you mean you are still working in the same place doing the same job but there is new owners now?if yes,did the company name change(both corporate and operation name)?

just a heads up,if you seek answers from a public forums like this for any topic not just immigration you should learn that the more specific you are and details you give the more likely you will find help.

zhangquannick

Jan 25, 2014
canadavisa13 said:
Hi,

no one will be able to help you because your questions are general,its like saying how will i charge my phone if i lost my charger....should i buy a new one or maybe borrow my neighbor's :D lol
here is what we should know:
under which stream and province you applied for nomination?
did your employer sponsor you for nomination?
when you say company sold and get hire from the new company,do you mean you are still working in the same place doing the same job but there is new owners now?if yes,did the company name change(both corporate and operation name)?

just a heads up,if you seek answers from a public forums like this for any topic not just immigration you should learn that the more specific you are and details you give the more likely you will find help.
Well. thanks for your reply and suggestion.
1) I will apply under BC PNP. (Is different province have different policy for this situation?)
2) Yes. My employer will sponsor me for nomination. (Am I able to get nomination if my employer don't sponsor me?)
3) When I say company sold and get hire from the new company, I do mean I am still working the same job but with new employer. The company's name will change for sure. Cuz it's a totally different company. (I am working as a junior accountant in an accounting firm.)
And btw. If I lose something, like a cell phone charger, I will try to find it back first. That's what I am doing here.

And I just called BC PNP and already get the answer for my question. So thanks for you time and suggestion. Hope you have a nice day.

zhangquannick

Jan 25, 2014
This is the answer for my question. In case anyone have the same situation like me.

After I talked to BC PNP.
" you nomination certificate would NOT likely be removed. But you need your new employer to keep supporting you."
"In determinging whether it would be appropriate to continue to "support" the nominee, BC PNP will consider the following circumstances:
1) was the nominee terminated for cause or without cause?
2) how long had the nominee been working in the position/in Canada?
3) what are the general job prospects of the nominee and generally in that industry?"

Hope this will help somebody.

canadavisa13

Champion Member
Jun 13, 2013
you are welcome.
yes every province has its own criteria for their PNP and every province has many streams under which a one can apply based on their situation.
if you are nominated through your employer and you left the job you will be at risk.
if you voluntary quit your job for no good reason most likely your nomination will be cancelled.
if you are terminated and can't find a new employer or your new employer is not willing to help you then your nomination will be cancelled in this case too.
if you are terminated for a cause but able to find a new employer who is willing to help with the PNP then you should just inform BC pnp about your new employer and they will guide you how to switch the nomination from the old employer to the new one.
as for CEC there is no effect on the application when you change your job and you don't even have to be in canada once you apply you can leave if you want and your application will still be processed because either you qualify at the time your application was submitted or you don't.

canadavisa13

Champion Member
Jun 13, 2013
its for the applicant's best interest to keep working for the employer which supported their application for nomination until they land as a permanent residence to avoid a lot of hassle.