+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

what happen if i leave to another city or province

Kingoftherings

Star Member
Jan 19, 2013
Toronto,Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
okay everyone here is my other question im currently waiting for my test what happen if i leave to another city or province to live there do they transfer my file ASAP or they would cansel it

gamasa

Star Member
Jul 16, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Transfer will take between 4 to 6 weeks
Please be specific what ur local office and
Where you going to transfer so you get accrue
Answer and your time line will be appreciated :)

Kingoftherings

Star Member
Jan 19, 2013
Toronto,Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gamasa said:
for example if i move from ontario to regina , vancouver or ottawa :)

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
They will not cancel your file if you move but they will not transfer it automatically. You will have to ask for it to be transferred.

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
Kingoftherings said:
okay everyone here is my other question im currently waiting for my test what happen if i leave to another city or province to live there do they transfer my file ASAP or they would cansel it
They will not cancel it. But you will have to notify them of your address change and request for your file transfer. That will definitely take much longer time for your file to be finalized.

MontToron

Jan 17, 2014
Suin said:
They will not cancel it. But you will have to notify them of your address change and request for your file transfer. That will definitely take much longer time for your file to be finalized.
Hi Suin,

I have applied for citizenship just a week ago, and I am planning to move to another province in a few weeks (and who knows, somewhere outside Canada after some time). I was wondering if it is a good idea to notify the change of province, or just notify with a change in the address within the province (give address of some friend, etc.). I can rely on addresses in both provinces, even if I am not around.

links18

Champion Member
Feb 1, 2006
Leon said:
They will not cancel your file if you move but they will not transfer it automatically. You will have to ask for it to be transferred.
Does simply changing your address with CIC online result in file transfer or do you actually have to call and request they move your file or perhaps file something in writing? Are you doing something "wrong" if you move but don't ask for file transfer? In other words, if you currently live in one of the faster regions in Ontario, but move to a black hole in Winnipeg, but don't ask for transfer is this considered improper by CIC?

links18

Champion Member
Feb 1, 2006
gamasa said:
I've heard 2 to 3 months elsewhere. Which one is accurate?