+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What happen after your biometrics appointment?

Jun 1, 2019
Please help me with this,

what happen after biometrics appointment? if all is fine, do they request your passport? how long does it take to get an answer? if your give your passport, how long it take for you to get your passport with the visa?

-thank you,

kat3onah

May 13, 2019
Category........
Please help me with this,

what happen after biometrics appointment? if all is fine, do they request your passport? how long does it take to get an answer? if your give your passport, how long it take for you to get your passport with the visa?

-thank you,
For TRV Application Online
Upon submission of your biometrics, processing of your application starts. You now need to wait for updates and the decision. The processing time varies. But you can check the link below for the estimates.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-processing-times.html

You will be notified if your visa is approved or denied. If approved you'll be requested to submit your passport to the visa application center where you submitted your biometrics. If denied, you will receive a refusal letter which will indicate the grounds why the officer rejected your application.

The correspondence between VAC and IRCC also varies. Depends if you personally hand in and pick up your passport or avail of the VAC's courier services. Some cases got theirs in 2-3 days. As for me, I got my stamped visa after 5 days, since I submitted it on a Thursday and got it on Tuesday the following week (I personally picked up my passport).