+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What does the CIC request regarding the FOIA?

uzas

Nov 2, 2010
I am expecting that I might get a request from the CIC to provide my border crossing records. I would like to request it now, so that I would have it in time to respond. What do the CIC ask for?

What date range should the report cover?

Do they ask for records from Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA), US Customs and Border Protection or other countries as well? I don't think I would need the CBSA report, because the officer already had that at my interview.

Does it need to be a hard copy issued by the agency, or is it acceptable if I receive an electronic copy and print it?

Any other important details before I request the documents?

Thanks a lot for any information!

links18

Champion Member
Feb 1, 2006
They might ask for US CBP records. Those can take a very long time to get, unless you are subject to an I-94, then I believe there is a way to get them online. If you traveled to other countries, they may ask for those records as well if they believe there is a standard process for getting them. Of course, you might have stamps in your passport that would cover some of these entries?

Even if they already have your CBSA records, you might want to get a copy for yourself. Don't you want to know what they have?

samreentariq

Jan 8, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-08-2011
Doc's Request.
-
Nomination.....
05-12-2011
AOR Received.
12-02-2012
IELTS Request
-
File Transfer...
28-05-2012
Med's Request
06-08-2012
Med's Done....
17-08-2012
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
15-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
-
LANDED..........
07-10-2012
Before we start getting into that first question is how did your interview go? Did you apply under the old 3/4 rules or 4/6? Did you travel a lot in the application outside the country? Didthe officer during interview see stamps missing or any reason for him or her to suspect or question your residency?