+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What does it mean" we sent you a letter on 19th July. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us"?

PriyaSK

Jul 21, 2021
Mumbai
Please can anyone help me with this?
In our Spousal Application Status, on the CIC website, they have written this:-

That they have sent us a mail and we have to wait but can anyone assist us what are the contents of the letter should be?
We have already submitted the Biometrics and Medical and the Application Status is showing that they have received the medical.
We really appreciate this.

Littlebunny07

Mar 30, 2021

That they have sent us a mail and we have to wait but can anyone assist us what are the contents of the letter should be?
We have already submitted the Biometrics and Medical and the Application Status is showing that they have received the medical.
Didn't you receive an email? That's how it appears after they send you an email.

PriyaSK

Jul 21, 2021
Mumbai
Hi Littlebunny07,

Thank you for the reply. No, we didn't receive any email, as they have mentioned that they have sent us a letter.

We are concerned about what would be the contents of the letter, they have mailed us. If you or anyone have an idea about that, please let us know. That's will be very kind of you.

MJSPARV

Sep 17, 2020
Are you seeing the message in ecas or gckey? If it's on ECAS try looking at your gckey to see to the letter

PriyaSK

Jul 21, 2021
Mumbai
Hi MJSPARV,

Thank you for the reply.
We don't have GCKEY or ECAS as we have filled our spousal application through the consultant.
That's why we want to know about the contents of the letter if you have any idea. Please let us know.
"We are concerned about what would be the contents of the letter, they have mailed us. If you or anyone have an idea about that, please let us know."
Thank you in advance.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi MJSPARV,

Thank you for the reply.
We don't have GCKEY or ECAS as we have filled our spousal application through the consultant.
That's why we want to know about the contents of the letter if you have any idea. Please let us know.
"We are concerned about what would be the contents of the letter, they have mailed us. If you or anyone have an idea about that, please let us know."
Thank you in advance.

You have a consultant, ask them. Noone will know what the content of your letter is.

Reactions: cjr

esam99

Nov 4, 2020
Hi MJSPARV,

Thank you for the reply.
Thank you in advance.

did u have ur mailing address on the the application? or did u use the consultant's?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi MJSPARV,

Thank you for the reply.
Thank you in advance.

Where are you seeing this message that "we sent you a letter" if you don't have access to the two ways to get information about your file?

As far as I can tell, the majority of cases where people ask about these messages that 'we sent you a letter on date XXXX', it turns out later that the message was about something they'd already seen and responded to (like the medicals or biometrics). Occasionally it's because a message was by email and the recipient didn't check that account or didn't check their spam inbox; rarely because it was sent by post.

Oh, and sometimes because they have a consultant and - big surprise here! - the consultant gets all corresopndence when the consultant is marked as the person to whom all correspondence should be directed.

Reactions: Kimbear and cjr

MJSPARV

Sep 17, 2020
@PriyaSK sorry for not answering the question about what's in the letter. That's because... I don't know! I didn't notice that you'd mentioned that you have a consultant before or else my answer would have been ask the consultant. Good luck getting the info you're looking for!

PriyaSK

Jul 21, 2021
Mumbai
@PriyaSK sorry for not answering the question about what's in the letter. That's because... I don't know! I didn't notice that you'd mentioned that you have a consultant before or else my answer would have been ask the consultant. Good luck getting the info you're looking for!
Thank you for the help. We will do that.

PriyaSK

Jul 21, 2021
Mumbai
Where are you seeing this message that "we sent you a letter" if you don't have access to the two ways to get information about your file?

As far as I can tell, the majority of cases where people ask about these messages that 'we sent you a letter on date XXXX', it turns out later that the message was about something they'd already seen and responded to (like the medicals or biometrics). Occasionally it's because a message was by email and the recipient didn't check that account or didn't check their spam inbox; rarely because it was sent by post.

Oh, and sometimes because they have a consultant and - big surprise here! - the consultant gets all corresopndence when the consultant is marked as the person to whom all correspondence should be directed.
Thank you for the assistance, we will surely ask our consultant for the same.

Theabhiraj

Jan 29, 2018

Hi Priya,
Did you finally get the mail they sent you? I also seeing the same thing ifor my wife n CIC application status but did not receive any mail or letter so far?What did you do about it?
thank you
Abhiraj