+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What does IRCC mean by "detailed reason for travel?" on form IMM006?

mugs60

Aug 26, 2016
My partner in the U.S. will be applying today to visit me in Canada. The form is filled out and notarized. What does IRCC expect in terms of a detailed reason for travel? His reason for visiting is to reunite with me for a period greater than 15 days. We don't know what to put in the email to IRCC beyond that.

Thx

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
My partner in the U.S. will be applying today to visit me in Canada. The form is filled out and notarized. What does IRCC expect in terms of a detailed reason for travel? His reason for visiting is to reunite with me for a period greater than 15 days. We don't know what to put in the email to IRCC beyond that.

Thx
Would indicate how long he plans to visit. They are just asking for the truth it doesn't have to be complex. Would add if you look at the quarantine instructions online you shouldn't be quarantining together. The whole point of quarantining is to isolate the person who has traveled so it doesn't spread even to a family member willing to quarantine with them because then the health system may have to deal with 2 ill patients not one.