+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

what does "Cancelled" security screening mean?

mokachino

Star Member
Feb 6, 2015
Alberta
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
06-05-2015
IELTS Request
25-05-2015
Passport Req..
28-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-01-2017
While everything else seem to have passed in my application, I have been waiting for several months on my background check to complete. My latest GCSM notes shows 2-3 entries labeled as canceled. It seems like they have requested a BG check then after a few months cancelled it and ordered a new one. This seems to have wasted nearly 8 months of processing time since everything else on the file has been PASSED since Sep/Oct 2015 and hasn't been touched or changed since.
Does anyone know what this means and why it has happened?

guardian007

Star Member
Dec 2, 2021
While everything else seem to have passed in my application, I have been waiting for several months on my background check to complete. My latest GCSM notes shows 2-3 entries labeled as canceled. It seems like they have requested a BG check then after a few months cancelled it and ordered a new one. This seems to have wasted nearly 8 months of processing time since everything else on the file has been PASSED since Sep/Oct 2015 and hasn't been touched or changed since.
Does anyone know what this means and why it has happened?
hey mokachino,can you provide update?what happened with the application ? Thanks