My eligibility/ criminality -in process
Security/ medical - not started
This is what i got on my GCMS notes
So now does background means security or criminality

wasters

Star Member
Jan 14, 2013
Is that all your MP said ?

Email them back and ask if your review is over ? If that is cleared i think your background check should be over soon and you should get the medical request

richi jolly

Oct 30, 2013
wasters said:
Is that all your MP said ?

Email them back and ask if your review is over ? If that is cleared i think your background check should be over soon and you should get the medical request
It does not say that
Mp had forward me the email n it only mention
About background check thats it
Have i passed the eligilibty ?

wasters

Star Member
Jan 14, 2013
Thats what I am assuming. Because if you were still in queue for review .. thats what the reply would have been to you MP.

I am giving an opinion from my understanding only. May be you should email CIC directly asking for an update and see what they say. I emailed them today as well.

richi jolly

Oct 30, 2013
wasters said:
Thats what I am assuming. Because if you were still in queue for review .. thats what the reply would have been to you MP.

I am giving an opinion from my understanding only. May be you should email CIC directly asking for an update and see what they say. I emailed them today as well.
Ya if it was still under review then it would have said the same
Instead of background

hamad0313

Star Member
Jul 24, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-07-2012
AOR Received.
17-08-2012
Med's Request
20-08-2013
Med's Done....
30-09-2013
Passport Req..
04-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
07-02-2014
LANDED..........
19-03-2014
maybe they are checking all your documents and verifying employment details etc

hamad0313

Star Member
Jul 24, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-07-2012
AOR Received.
17-08-2012
Med's Request
20-08-2013
Med's Done....
30-09-2013
Passport Req..
04-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
07-02-2014
LANDED..........
19-03-2014
check your gcms notes; is your file with office RC-9515??? I guess its the office responsible for doing security checks; if not then they would be doing documents verification,

richi jolly said:
I dont know man .its been 14 months

richi jolly

Oct 30, 2013
hamad0313 said:
check your gcms notes; is your file with office RC-9515??? I guess its the office responsible for doing security checks; if not then they would be doing documents verification,
No its does not say that and the security has not
Even started yet...

gladaki

Champion Member
Jul 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-11-2013
AOR Received.
30-12-2013
IELTS Request
submitted with application
Med's Done....
Upfront on 29th April..Updated on Ecas on 26th May
Passport Req..
11-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
17-07-2014
LANDED..........
20-07-2014
richi jolly said:
Hi all
I am nov 2012 applicant
File is under review required
Ive got a reply from MP and it says
" background check are still pending."
My eligibility/ criminality -in process
Security/ medical - not started
This is what i got on my GCMS notes
So now does background means security or criminality
Your eligibility is still in process? Do u know why they are taking so long? Any thing mentioned in previous GCMS reason for under review ?

richi jolly

Oct 30, 2013
gladaki said:
Your eligibility is still in process? Do u know why they are taking so long? Any thing mentioned in previous GCMS reason for under review ?
Both of my GCMS notes said the employment letter does not match with NOC correspondance
So now i dont have any idea y is taking so long ..its almost 3 months
Since its under review required
But the MP assistant said its passed thats y they are doing background
Check now

salimigh1

Dec 13, 2013
Hi Richi,

don't worry I am sure you passed eligibility and criminality because the Background check is last part of process.
I think in your case the officer decided to get your background check before send MR.
The background check is last process and in this part they are going to check your background. Which information you wrote in your application for example ( your employer in your back home, your traveling history and completed military service).
The process time is different case by case. It depends to some factors such as your nationality.
And also if they find your name same as some terrorist it be will longer, because they are going to check more about you.
So be relax and wait. Just check your GCMS file and see when your background check process started.
The normal processing time is between 3 to 6 months.
If you have any question Please let me know I am in same situation and I spoke about that with my officer.

Just let me know where are you from?

richi jolly

Oct 30, 2013
salimigh1 said:
Hi Richi,

don't worry I am sure you passed eligibility and criminality because the Background check is last part of process.
I think in your case the officer decided to get your background check before send MR.
The background check is last process and in this part they are going to check your background. Which information you wrote in your application for example ( your employer in your back home, your traveling history and completed military service).
The process time is different case by case. It depends to some factors such as your nationality.
And also if they find your name same as some terrorist it be will longer, because they are going to check more about you.
So be relax and wait. Just check your GCMS file and see when your background check process started.
The normal processing time is between 3 to 6 months.
If you have any question Please let me know I am in same situation and I spoke about that with my officer.

Just let me know where are you from?

Thanks for your support . I am from india and which officer did u speake to
Can u share your timeline