+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What does accompany mean

mistermaster

May 20, 2012
What does accompany really mean on the family information form? Does it simply mean 'is this person travelling with you to canada'? or does it mean 'is this person accompanying you (included) ON YOUR VISA to canada'?

Thank you,
:)

amineae80

Star Member
Nov 19, 2011
charlottetown- canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16 apr 2015
AOR Received.
6 may 2015
File Transfer...
?????
Interview........
????
hi, it means a personne of ur familly who will get the visa in the same time u will get it and has a plan as well to enter to canada... i hope i unswered ur question ;)
good luck Mistermaster :)

mistermaster

May 20, 2012
Could anyone help on my question above please

And if we are going to visit family how much details is required on the itinerary that we need to include? we are only visiting for 2 weeks.

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
Accompany means these people will GO WITH YOU. For example you could be a family of 4 on the application, but you and your spouse plan to leave the children with their aunt while you go to Canada to look for work than come back to get your children. In this case, on the first trip, only your SPOUSE WOULD ACCOMPANY YOU. Hope this helps.

amineae80

Star Member
Nov 19, 2011
charlottetown- canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16 apr 2015
AOR Received.
6 may 2015
File Transfer...
?????
Interview........
????
exactely, do u understand or u need to clarify more?

mikokonut

May 6, 2013
Hi There!

What if my family members are going to Canada as well, but we are all going separately. For example, my wife, my daughter and I are leaving on dec 10 and everyone else (family members) is leaving earlier on dec 5.

Should they be ticked as accompanying me? I mean, I'm confused because they will be there to accompany us during our vacation, but they won't be leaving on the same dates.

I'm sorry, the simplest questions are the most confusing ones.

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
This may be old news now but I can see your confusion. When you say your other family members will fly on Dec 5 are they actually your children (your dependants) or family members like your parents or siblings? I may be over thinking this but you would only include your spouse and children in your application.

Carlo Rivera

Jan 26, 2014
Hi I am confused as well.. Me and my wife are applying for a Spouse Sponsorship under LC Program but my wife and daughter are already in Canada so should I check "No" they will not accompany me?

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
They cannot accompany you as they are already in Canada. In your mind switch the words from accompany to "will travel with" and maybe that will help.

gtbond

May 15, 2013
I have similar question... We are applying for my wife's visitor visa:

• I am PR of Canada and my wife is here in Canada with study permit, her study permit is expiring in 2 months and we want to apply for her visitor visa
  • We have recently already applied for her spousal sponsorship and we didn't file OWP application with it

I was wondering what should be the answer to the question in our case as both of us are in Canada? "Are you accompanying a family member who has status in Canada?". YES or NO?

sandyb82

Jun 9, 2017
Accompany means these people will GO WITH YOU. For example you could be a family of 4 on the application, but you and your spouse plan to leave the children with their aunt while you go to Canada to look for work than come back to get your children. In this case, on the first trip, only your SPOUSE WOULD ACCOMPANY YOU. Hope this helps.
In case I am traveling alone to Canada initially leaving my wife and children, then I should be choosing NO for spouse accompanying me option right? Then I wouldnt need to submit any documents related to my wife as part of eAPR right? Please confirm

Abhidavi

Jun 22, 2017
My wife is in Canada...and I am applying for open work permiy. In family information form which option should I choose in my spouse accompanying me as she is already in Canada...