+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What does 0213: Computer and Information Systems Managers actually mean

Etienne

Nov 30, 2008
I previously thought of applying through the NOC management information systems (MIS) analyst (2171), as I have most experience in that (6 years), but I do have 2 and a bit years of experience as a Business Intelligence Manager (also called Management Information Manager) reporting to the head of IT. I assume this will fall under the 0213 NOC.

Is this assumption correct, and does it matter that my experience as an information technology manager was not heading up a whole IT department, but rather a division within IT (i.e. Business Intelligence/ Data warehousing/ Management Information)?

I am also not in that role any longer and have moved into a more senior IT architectural role due to financial reasons and career progression reasons. Will I still be able to use NOC 0213??

dbx

Oct 24, 2008
see the description of 0213: http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC-CNP/app/quicksearch.aspx?lc=e&searchkey=0213

Etienne

Nov 30, 2008
I suppose I need to be clearer - there is a big difference in being a company's IT manager (head of IT, IT director, etc), and those managers working below him/ her such as...

manager, management information system (MIS)
systems development manager
data centre manager

...some of the examples listed as example titles in the link you provided.

I do not fall under the first category as I did not manage the IT department, but I did indeed manage a section thereof (MIS/ BI). From the description in the link provided I assume that the 0213 category not only applies to IT department managers, but all managers in sub departmnets of IT (such as MIS), so I would potentially qualify under this.

The link however says nothing about the fact that I have moved on from MI / BI manager to a non managerial role (architect). Am I correct in assuming that as the managerial experience was indeed in the last 10 years (it was from 2005 to 2007), it would still be okay?

Etienne

Nov 30, 2008
One for Leon and PMM - What does 0213: Comp and Inf Syst Managers actually mean

Could Leon and/ or PMM shed some light on this?

eduardoF

Oct 15, 2008
Etienne said:
I suppose I need to be clearer - there is a big difference in being a company's IT manager (head of IT, IT director, etc), and those managers working below him/ her such as...

data centre manager

I do not fall under the first category as I did not manage the IT department, but I did indeed manage a section thereof (MIS/ BI). From the description in the link provided I assume that the 0213 category not only applies to IT department managers, but all managers in sub departmnets of IT (such as MIS), so I would potentially qualify under this.

The link however says nothing about the fact that I have moved on from MI / BI manager to a non managerial role (architect). Am I correct in assuming that as the managerial experience was indeed in the last 10 years (it was from 2005 to 2007), it would still be okay?
Did you click on "View all titles" on the link provided by dbx? Besides, titles vary from company to company - some companies don't even use titles! So what you need to look at is the description of duties. That's the important part. If you fit into that description, then you're good.

As for your second question: yes, as long as your experience was within the last 10 years, you can claim it.

helpmeimmigrate

Star Member
Feb 16, 2009
Yes, duties are the most important thing that will establish yor title, because titles can vary from country to country, Say what an administrator is in Canada is a clerk in India .
But if the duties listed on the HRSDC website is same as what you did as a clerk you can still apply as administrator.

This is only an example, administrators are not under the list.

tim50

Feb 8, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

If duties falls under manageral category, but don't have proof / certificate to show the same. Will it work ? Some times designation also does not say abt actul duties..

Thanks,

aanbaan

Champion Member
Apr 1, 2009
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-Apr-2009
Doc's Request.
14-May-2009
AOR Received.
09-Jul-2009
Med's Request
30-Aug-2009
Med's Done....
05-Sep-2009
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
30-Aug-2009
VISA ISSUED...
24-Feb-2010
LANDED..........
08-Aug-2010
can one of the gurus reply to the above question, pls?

ADA

Mar 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18 Mar 2009
Doc's Request.
07 Apr 2009 - Sent on 29 Jun 2009
If you are a senior project manager or higher you should qualify.
Check if the job duties of your match whats written on NOC website.

sdesh005

Star Member
Feb 20, 2009
What are the documentary requirements for proving your job duties...resume, letter from current employer stating job duties??? can someone provide some details..?

surfturtle

Sep 10, 2008
Etienne said:

data centre manager

Yes indeed it applies to managers in sub departments of IT as well, therefore BI Manager would fall under 0213. I say this because as I understand a BI Managers duties would probably include the following:

Development of BI applications
Planning and control of BI applications
Policy development for the operations of BI applications
BI team management
Supervision and hiring of subordinates
Budget control of the department

If you performed some or all of the above mentioned, you may be eligible.

All you need is one year of continuous full time experience under 0213 within the last 10 years, so yes you'll be ok.

surfturtle

Sep 10, 2008
sdesh005 said:
What are the documentary requirements for proving your job duties...resume, letter from current employer stating job duties??? can someone provide some details..?
An up to date letter of employment signed by your immidiate supervisor or your department head. The letter should provide at least dates of your employment, your job description and monthly or annual salary + benefits if any. The letter must be printed off on your company's letter head with your company's official seal and accompanied by a business card of the person who signed it.

omm

Champion Member
Aug 27, 2009
USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Friends,
please guide me:

1)Systems Administrator.
2) Network Engineer and IT assistant (EDP CED Office)
3) Network engineer
4) software developer

above Experience letter skills covered under 0213 Computer and Information Systems Managers .

Please reply me.
Thanks,
ommkumar
Los Angeles (USA)

Yarla7bh

Sep 12, 2009
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 22, 2009
Doc's Request.
Dec 23, 2009
AOR Received.
May 06, 2010 (2nd AOR)
File Transfer...
Aug 04, 2010. NY
Med's Request
Oct 26, 2010
Med's Done....
Dec 09, 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
omm said:
Hi Friends,
please guide me:

1)Systems Administrator.
3) Network engineer
4) software developer

above Experience letter skills covered under 0213 Computer and Information Systems Managers .

Please reply me.
Thanks,
ommkumar
Los Angeles (USA)
What is your Question.?

omm

Champion Member
Aug 27, 2009
USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
above Experience letter skills covered under 0213 Computer and Information Systems Managers??????
1)Systems Administrator.
3) Network engineer
4) software developer

that is my Question... please read my previous post and reply me.
Thanks,
Omm