+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What documents should you provide at EE and if you are selected?

Alina.Taranenko

Star Member
Jan 30, 2014
What documents should you provide at EE (first stage) and if you are selected (second stage)? It must be translated copies or originals?
So skilled trades" certificates don't need to be assessed against Canadian standards?

sumairak

Jul 18, 2014
US
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
In process
Nomination.....
Saskatchewan
AOR Received.
Aug 10, 2015
Alina.Taranenko said:
What documents should you provide at EE (first stage) and if you are selected (second stage)? It must be translated copies or originals?
So skilled trades" certificates don't need to be assessed against Canadian standards?
thanks for raising this question. i was about to ask the same. specially in the second phase when the time is limited i.e. 60 days. during that time do they need police clearance and medical? if they need police clearance during that short time then no one would be able to do that. because it takes time to get clearance and if applicant is unable to submit the required documents he would be ceased for the rest of the year.

Maplemadness82

Dec 2, 2014
sumairak said:
thanks for raising this question. i was about to ask the same. specially in the second phase when the time is limited i.e. 60 days. during that time do they need police clearance and medical? if they need police clearance during that short time then no one would be able to do that. because it takes time to get clearance and if applicant is unable to submit the required documents he would be ceased for the rest of the year.
Medicals and police clearance are the only two docs that we can submit at a later date.
Rest all the documents must be submitted when filing actual immigration application.

omaus25

Star Member
Nov 19, 2009
United States
Category........
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
To be on the "safe" side of things, I would recommend that you make sure, 100% you have these:

IELTS test score sheet, (remember it can't be older than 2 years by time of submission)
Police clearances certifications, (no older than 3 months from time of issue to time of submitting application), for all places where you have lived longer than 6 months.
ECA for all the studies you are going to claim points for.
Work references where you can see period of employment, full time/part time, description of duties (preferably per NOC list), personal references, academic references.
Identification CURRENT documents such as passports, ID's, marriage certificates, birth certificates... I am using plural to explain that all these for all applicants intended.

All these docs are mandatory, my recommendation (and I know there is going to be people here screaming on this list), is that if you can have all this ready before hand, you are going to be ahead of many, many applicants... take a look of other topics and you'll see.

andonk

Dec 5, 2014
sumairak said:
if applicant is unable to submit the required documents he would be ceased for the rest of the year.
Where did you get this information? Care to share it?
I couldn't find it in cic website (maybe I miss it)

omaus25

Star Member
Nov 19, 2009
United States
Category........
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
From reading the new regulations under EE, here you can find it:

http://gazette.gc.ca/rp-pr/p1/2014/2014-12-01-x10/html/extra10-eng.php

Here is EVERYTHING in regards the new EE system... heavy reading. And this link can help too

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/express-entry-immigrants.asp

This list comes not only from these sources but from experience, I applied under the FSW years ago and I was accepted but I rejected the offer because job options in the USA, where I live currently.

Nebm31

Oct 22, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
March 12, 2014 (TFW)
How many months are the validity of Police Clearance as of now. Is there any changes.

omaus25

Star Member
Nov 19, 2009
United States
Category........
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nebm31 said:
How many months are the validity of Police Clearance as of now. Is there any changes.
Make sure they are no older than 3 months... and keep request them so you have current ones, that way when they request updated ones, you already have them.

omaus25

Star Member
Nov 19, 2009
United States
Category........
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Alina.Taranenko said:
If ECA is compulsory for trades? And all this list must be in translated and certified notarially?
read here:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/trades/apply-who.asp

and for any type of education you have acquired outside Canada, if you want to use it for immigration purposes, you need ECA, it is mandatory. As long as the documents are sent from the academic institution in a sealed envelope, there is no need for notarized copies. You can contact the company you want to use for more detailed information.

Here you can find information on these approved companies:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/assessment.asp

Good luck!

sumairak

Jul 18, 2014
US
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
In process
Nomination.....
Saskatchewan
AOR Received.
Aug 10, 2015
andonk said:
Where did you get this information? Care to share it?
I couldn't find it in cic website (maybe I miss it)
andonk here you go
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/mi/express-entry.asp

60-day validity period

32. (1) An invitation is valid for 60 days after the day on which it is issued by the Minister.

Remaining period continues to apply

(2) If a foreign national declines the invitation within the 60-day period, the remaining portion of the original one-year period of their inclusion in the express entry pool of candidates continues to apply.

Remaining period no longer applies

(3) If the foreign national does not decline the invitation within the 60-day period and does not make an application for permanent residence in response to the invitation within that period, the expression of interest ceases to be valid regardless of the portion of the one-year period that remains.