+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What documents are useful for getting study permit?

Jan 5, 2022
Hi,
I want to apply for study permit from inside Canada. What additional documents do you think can be useful for me to have a better chance? I have heard that taking an IELTS test or Duolingo can be useful, what else?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi,
I want to apply for study permit from inside Canada. What additional documents do you think can be useful for me to have a better chance? I have heard that taking an IELTS test or Duolingo can be useful, what else?
IELTS is recognized, DuoLingo is not. It shows that you are proficient in English. You can include any statements that prove strong ties to home country - properties, businesses etc. Your SOP will want to outline your ties to your country along with career opportunities.

Jan 5, 2022
IELTS is recognized, DuoLingo is not. It shows that you are proficient in English. You can include any statements that prove strong ties to home country - properties, businesses etc. Your SOP will want to outline your ties to your country along with career opportunities.
I am a highschool student living without my parents in Canada.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I am a highschool student living without my parents in Canada.
Right you posted on another thread that you are a high school student. So you want to show proof of paid tuition. What is your status in Canada if you are living here without your parents. Do your parents have status in Canada?

Jan 5, 2022
Right you posted on another thread that you are a high school student. So you want to show proof of paid tuition. What is your status in Canada if you are living here without your parents. Do your parents have status in Canada?
I am visitor. Does my parents status matter?
I just wanted to know if its worth to study IELTS and upload it as an additional document or not?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I am visitor. Does my parents status matter?
I just wanted to know if its worth to study IELTS and upload it as an additional document or not?
If you are a visitor, you are a visitor not living in Canada. As for your parents, if you are on your own then you may not need a study permit if you are a minor as per rules on the IRCC site. Have you paid your tuition? IELTs should not be needed if for high school.

Donaldp007

Star Member
Mar 15, 2021
Nigeria
Category........
STUDY
Hey guys I submitted my study permit application today I forgot to add my leave letter for study from work . Please what do I do ?

Donaldp007

Star Member
Mar 15, 2021
Nigeria
Category........
STUDY
Hello guys
I was going through my sponsor letter this evening I noticed he declared the wrong figure, the first two figure was wrong the mistake is either from the cyber cafe he used
But the equivalent to CAD was correct
His bank statement carries the figure on my sop
I also put the correct figure in my sop
How far do visa officer cross check bank statement or they just make decisions instantly