+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What documents are required to prove work experience if the company shut down?

Sam M

Jan 3, 2022
I have three years of foreign work experience but the company shut down due to the pandemic. I have Offer letter, Appointment letter and Experience Certificates, Paystubs from the time the company was functioning. The Contact numbers and email addresses on the letterhead are non operational due to the company shutdown. Please let me know if a letter from my previous manager along with his contact details are enough if the immigration officer wants to verify my work experience?

Kavin626

Star Member
Aug 8, 2018
I have three years of foreign work experience but the company shut down due to the pandemic. I have Offer letter, Appointment letter and Experience Certificates, Paystubs from the time the company was functioning. The Contact numbers and email addresses on the letterhead are non operational due to the company shutdown. Please let me know if a letter from my previous manager along with his contact details are enough if the immigration officer wants to verify my work experience?
Hi Sam Do you got answer for this? I am in same situation. Please reply

Chihaz

Star Member
Sep 11, 2019
Hi Sam Do you got answer for this? I am in same situation. Please reply
I submitted a notarized reference letter from my ex employer and on the letter her name and email address where there. She did not use a letterhead. I did a letter of explanation as to why letter was not on a letterhead, if you have proof the company is closed, you need to include that. I also attached a number of paystubs, tax submissions, pensions contributions showing company name. If you have business cards that you or the employer used, include them. This worked for me, and I've now been in Canada for a year this month.