+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What do you think about the new FSW rules?

Tonsils Hockey

Star Member
Jun 18, 2009
www.NotCanada.com
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
June 2010
Now that the new rules have come out, the occupations list has been shranked, IELTS have been made mandatory for all native and non-native English speakers with results having to be submitted along with Police check at the Initial Application stage; what do you think the effect of all this will have on those who were thinking to apply for Canada PR? Of course the Canadian govt: want less migration in their country but do you think the new changes will put potential immigrants off? Do you think its now too much hassle to apply under FSW Cat 1? Is it now time to think about other good countries to immigrate to, or will the passion still be the same about moving to Canada even though they are making it more and more difficult for foreigners?

aspire

Champion Member
Jul 13, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-02-2009
File Transfer...
29-03-2009
Med's Request
21-01-2011
Med's Done....
17-02-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
30-03-2011(pspt submitted 09-04-2011)
VISA ISSUED...
09-05-2011 (passport received 17-05-2011)
LANDED..........
26-06-2011
Tonsils Hockey said:
Now that the new rules have come out, the occupations list has been shranked, IELTS have been made mandatory for all native and non-native English speakers with results having to be submitted along with Police check at the Initial Application stage; what do you think the effect of all this will have on those who were thinking to apply for Canada PR? Of course the Canadian govt: want less migration in their country but do you think the new changes will put potential immigrants off? Do you think its now too much hassle to apply under FSW Cat 1? Is it now time to think about other good countries to immigrate to, or will the passion still be the same about moving to Canada even though they are making it more and more difficult for foreigners?
In my opinion, the latest rules are meant to curtail the backlogs at the visa offices. They will still maintain the same number of visas to be issued per year which is averaging 265,000. The same number of new immigrants will enter Canada as in the past years. The new rules just gave a cap of 20,000 new applications to be processed per year. They will expedite the old pending files from the grave, and from this grave they will issue 245,000 visas per year. There are millions of applicants who submitted their applications 4-5 years ago whose NOC's falls on the new 29 list, and until now still are patiently waiting for the maple leaf on their passports.

Tonsils Hockey

Star Member
Jun 18, 2009
www.NotCanada.com
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
June 2010
I understand that, but my question was mainly focusing on those who HAVENT applied for Canada immigration yet and were thinking to do it in far or near future.

rozel

Star Member
Dec 14, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aspire said:
In my opinion, the latest rules are meant to curtail the backlogs at the visa offices. They will still maintain the same number of visas to be issued per year which is averaging 265,000. The same number of new immigrants will enter Canada as in the past years. The new rules just gave a cap of 20,000 new applications to be processed per year. They will expedite the old pending files from the grave, and from this grave they will issue 245,000 visas per year. There are millions of applicants who submitted their applications 4-5 years ago whose NOC's falls on the new 29 list, and until now still are patiently waiting for the maple leaf on their passports.
do u think that these rules will be eased again when the no. of old applications reduce .......?
and how long this procedure may take to be normal again ?

sapanaB

Apr 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-04-2010
Doc's Request.
23-07-2010
AOR Received.
04-01-2011
rozel said:
do u think that these rules will be eased again when the no. of old applications reduce .......?
and how long this procedure may take to be normal again ?
Rozel, in this connection, your guess is as good as mine :)

Tonsils Hockey

Star Member
Jun 18, 2009
www.NotCanada.com
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
June 2010
I hope they make them even more strict so only the best of people make it to Canada. I recently went to Canada and I saw a number of jobless people or those working at levels way below their qualifications who came from abroad (mostly Indians). They couldnt even communicate properly and expected good jobs in Canada just cuz they thought they were educated and had good jobs in countries where they came from.

shareit

Star Member
Aug 10, 2009
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
May 2013
Well, if that's the state of the job market there, the new cap will instill some sensibility and maybe the ones who are already PR can command higher salaries.

martina_p

Star Member
May 15, 2010
croatia
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-08-2014
Nomination.....
PER DEC 05
IELTS Request
sent with app.
Med's Request
18-02-2015
Med's Done....
26-02... add doc sent 03.03
Passport Req..
...RPPR... req. April 08
VISA ISSUED...
22-05-2015
soo do you think that this list will not change any more ... now only 29 :(

my ocupational is not on the list any more...
what now find a job or go like a visit ..... so disappointed... :-[

Tonsils Hockey

Star Member
Jun 18, 2009
www.NotCanada.com
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
June 2010
martina_p said:
soo do you think that this list will not change any more ... now only 29 :(
Its not the purpose of my post to answer such a question. But if you ask me, I'd rather hope the list becomes even more shorter

shareit

Star Member
Aug 10, 2009
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
May 2013
My occupation has been knocked off the list but my wife's occupation has been newly added :)

martina_p

Star Member
May 15, 2010
croatia
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-08-2014
Nomination.....
PER DEC 05
IELTS Request
sent with app.
Med's Request
18-02-2015
Med's Done....
26-02... add doc sent 03.03
Passport Req..
...RPPR... req. April 08
VISA ISSUED...
22-05-2015
i agree to be shorter, but i think it is good that they move some ocupational (like IT ) cos too much people come there and they still have no job ..
but is anfair ...

i hope it will be new list next summer and after i finish collage i can aplly ...
i hope sooo

or i will go like my friends ilagale and they are at the missisauga and 5 month after they arive they got work permit and work now....

Tonsils Hockey

Star Member
Jun 18, 2009
www.NotCanada.com
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
June 2010
martina_p said:
i agree to be shorter, but i think it is good that they move some ocupational (like IT ) cos too much people come there and they still have no job ..
but is anfair ...

i hope it will be new list next summer and after i finish collage i can aplly ...
i hope sooo

or i will go like my friends ilagale and they are at the missisauga and 5 month after they arive they got work permit and work now....
Well, I hope Canada makes its borders more difficult to get through. Cuz illegals are a burden on any state!

cutemedo

Star Member
Jun 23, 2010
Peshawar,Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Now u have to send not only IELTS score and Police certificate but also all documents mentioned in ur visa office specific checklist including copies of degrees,experience certificate,bank statements etc.. with ur initial forms to CIO Sydney Canada !

aspire

Champion Member
Jul 13, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-02-2009
File Transfer...
29-03-2009
Med's Request
21-01-2011
Med's Done....
17-02-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
30-03-2011(pspt submitted 09-04-2011)
VISA ISSUED...
09-05-2011 (passport received 17-05-2011)
LANDED..........
26-06-2011
cutemedo said:
Now u have to send not only IELTS score and Police certificate but also all documents mentioned in ur visa office specific checklist including copies of degrees,experience certificate,bank statements etc.. with ur initial forms to CIO Sydney Canada !
...this makes processing faster than ever...