+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What do these statuses mean?

thecapricorn

Oct 15, 2018
I have sponsored my wife from Pakistan, I am finding the entire status update thing quite ambiguous, I really don't find it helpful and since I have been unsuccessful in reaching a live agent on the phone after calling almost daily at different times of the day for past several months, and getting no response to my online inquiries, I finally searched online and found this form, and I hope that someone here might be able to give some clarity to my situation:

- my application was received on March 19, 2018
- medical results received on May 9, 2018
- and since June our status has been the same as seen below:
- on August 24th I received a letter stating that the application has been forwarded to the London Visa Office for further processing but all the statuses remain unchanged from June.

1.Review of eligibility: We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements. (Does this status change or remains the same even when the eligibility is established? Can't tell if this stage is still in process)

2.Review of medical results: You passed the medical exam.

3.Review of additional documents: Not applicable.

4.Interview: You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.

5.Biometrics: We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.

6.Background check: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check. (We still haven't received any message regarding the commencement of the BG check, so does it mean in 7 months they haven't even started the BG check?)

7.Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

I'm not sure what to expect at this moment.
Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

SGrewal99

Star Member
Sep 28, 2018
Hey,
Biometrics came into effect for Pakistan on July 31, 2018. You'll be asked for the payment and have to get it done within 30 days. Background check is continuous. It will show complete only when a final decision has been made. We got our ppr a day after the background check started. When the final decision is made, you're eligibility will show that we have reviewed your eligibility; please see the final decision. Hope this helps.

thecapricorn

Oct 15, 2018
Hey,
Biometrics came into effect for Pakistan on July 31, 2018. You'll be asked for the payment and have to get it done within 30 days. Background check is continuous. It will show complete only when a final decision has been made. We got our ppr a day after the background check started. When the final decision is made, you're eligibility will show that we have reviewed your eligibility; please see the final decision. Hope this helps.
Thanks for your helpful advice; how long was your time-frame you received the ppr from the time your files was forwarded to the visa office?

SGrewal99

Star Member
Sep 28, 2018
Our file was delivered to Miss. on June 12, 2018. Our PA was in India. Processing started after a month.It was sent to Sydney and transferred back to Miss. for further processing instead of NDVO,after Sydney had issued AOR ,SA and medical request. We got PPR from Miss. on Sept 28,2018. Wish the best for you as well.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I have sponsored my wife from Pakistan, I am finding the entire status update thing quite ambiguous, I really don't find it helpful and since I have been unsuccessful in reaching a live agent on the phone after calling almost daily at different times of the day for past several months, and getting no response to my online inquiries, I finally searched online and found this form, and I hope that someone here might be able to give some clarity to my situation:

- my application was received on March 19, 2018
- medical results received on May 9, 2018
- and since June our status has been the same as seen below:
- on August 24th I received a letter stating that the application has been forwarded to the London Visa Office for further processing but all the statuses remain unchanged from June.

1.Review of eligibility: We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements. (Does this status change or remains the same even when the eligibility is established? Can't tell if this stage is still in process)

2.Review of medical results: You passed the medical exam.

3.Review of additional documents: Not applicable.

4.Interview: You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.

5.Biometrics: We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.

6.Background check: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check. (We still haven't received any message regarding the commencement of the BG check, so does it mean in 7 months they haven't even started the BG check?)

7.Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

I'm not sure what to expect at this moment.
Any help would be greatly appreciated :)
This is normal processing time. Expect not to hear anything for months at a time. Anticipate approximately a 12 month processing time.