+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What do I need to do to marry a mexican in mexico?

Mar 8, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Does anyone have any experience with this?????

So I need my long form birth certificate from Canada. Got that.
I need to authenticate and legalize it in Canada????

Then I need to translate it and notorize it in Mexico???

So intense, no?

AllisonVSC

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo - Conjugal Partner
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2009
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
04-11-2009
LANDED..........
04-11-2009
Hi girl...There was a thread on this recently in the last 3-4 days. Seems marrying someone from Mexico is quite an involved process.
Might want to look back a few pages or search mexico. Hope you find what you need. Allison

longsump

Sep 1, 2010
Hi, I don't know if it is too late to respond... but i just got married to my husband (who is Mexican) in Mexico a month ago... it really depends on which part of mexico you're getting married, I think each office works a little differently and sometimes they can even misinform you. For me, I'm Canadian with a Hong Kong birth certificate, I didn't have to get it notorized in Mexico or anything like that, as long as the birth certificate has your parents' name clearly stated and your name as well, it should be fine (at least for me it was).

Also to apply for the permit to get married married with a Mexican is a lengthy process, you have to apply for the permit and it can take 15-30 business days; it might be faster though, they told us to return a month later, we went back only to find out that they had it over three weeks ago... so we could have gotten married on the date we wanted.

Overall it wasn't too bad, just have to wait. If you're living in Mexico its not difficult, I find the wait a little too long if you're just there to visit. I had 2 1/2 months off work so it was fine for me :)

I hope this will help you.

jendrian

Star Member
Oct 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-09-2010
Doc's Request.
08-01-2011
AOR Received.
08-01-2011
File Transfer...
22-12-2010
Med's Request
08-01-2011
Med's Done....
30-08-2010
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
24-02-2011
VISA ISSUED...
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
11-03-2011
Another late reply, we got married in Mexico (Chiapas) on aug 8 (yay!).

You need:

• Birth certificate (legalized and translated if in another language)
  • Passport and photocopies of every page (seriously)
  • Marriage permit to marry a foreigner (~2700 MXN), you get it at the local INAMI office and for it you need. This also takes 7-30 days so plan ahead.

-Filled online form (http://www.inm.gob.mx/index.php/page/Solicitud_de_Estancia)
-Copy of your current migratory form (if you're in Mexico, you get it when entering the country)
-Passport
-Payment
-Letter adressed to the institute stating neither of you has any legal impediment to marry
-Document of the mexican you're trying to marry crediting nationality
-Valid ID for the two of you, both voter's card and passport are good

• Copies of the ID's of 4 witnesses, 2 for bride 2 for groom, and they need to be in a specific arrangement they will give you at the civil registry office.
  • Medical marital testing to the standards of the civil registry office that will marry you.

Didn't see this before cuz... honeymoon and i just finished my BSc! :D

alemoo

Star Member
Dec 8, 2014
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
27-04-2017
Doc's Request.
06-09-2018
AOR Received.
28-05-2017
Med's Request
02-01-2018
Med's Done....
02-09-2018
Interview........
None
girlfromthenorthcountry said:
Does anyone have any experience with this?????

So I need my long form birth certificate from Canada. Got that.
I need to authenticate and legalize it in Canada????

Then I need to translate it and notorize it in Mexico???

So intense, no?
This is a pretty old post but I figured I'd share my experience. I'm a Canadian Citizen and she's a Mexican national, and we got married in Durango state. There were no blood tests, x-rays, applications for permission to marry a Mexican, etc. All we did was book an appointment to reserve the judge to come to our wedding, paid the marriage application fees, submitted proof of my employment and photocopies of our passports, birth certificates (mine was the long form), photocopies of the ID's of four witnesses over the age of 18, and she typed up a letter outlining how we met and how our relationship has grown over the length of time we were married. Now I'm getting my certificate translated in Canada here so that I can have the marriage legally recognized. This happened less than a month ago. We're applying for Family Class on June 20th :D