+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What did you print out the FBI Fingerprint card on?

imatwkrp

Star Member
Jun 16, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-21-2012
AOR Received.
05-11-2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
06-05-2013
Med's Done....
06-13-2013
Passport Req..
10-03-2013 (copies only; visa-exempt)
LANDED..........
11-09-2013
I admit that I am very worried my fingerprint card is just on office paper. The edges look cut-off as well. Did others do this step, and what did you do, just walk into the local police station with the paper?

When you get the ink&roll prints, do you then just send them to the FBI at their website address? Some sites seem to say I just need to send the card. Other sites seem to say I need to provide various cover letters or further applications of some sort?

In a month I will visit family in the USA. Perhaps I should wait until I am back there and get prints and a certificate in the US? Someone said earlier, in this forum, " If you can enter the US it might be easier and faster to go personaly and get the Police certificates." But I do not know what that means exactly. Is it faster? Is it possible to do it all in one day?

All this, and neither my spouse nor I have a record of any kind. It hardly seems worth it, but at least it is not as expensive as that blasted English Lanuage test ($285, unbelievable).

visit

Star Member
Dec 25, 2011
Hello,

Though I am just compiling my CEC application ( not an experienced member), I want to share what I did for FBI certificate...WE went to a local fingerprinting services company, they have all types of Figerprint cards including FBI...So we did it on the FBI specific finger print card. They also gave us the FBI covering letter ( I don't think it is mandatory)..We paid around CAD $ 40 for the services .Thx XXX

imatwkrp

Star Member
Jun 16, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-21-2012
AOR Received.
05-11-2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
06-05-2013
Med's Done....
06-13-2013
Passport Req..
10-03-2013 (copies only; visa-exempt)
LANDED..........
11-09-2013
Thanks for your reply! Unfortunately we live in a very small town well north of Toronto, so there are no local fingerprinting services. Perhaps I should wait until a month from now when I am visiting family in the U.S.

ihabkal

Oct 8, 2010
or check with yor local police station, I did it in Burlington at the main headquarters for the Halton Police, they had the cards too, $70 for 2 people.

cec_guelph

Jun 4, 2012
Police station sounds like your best bet if you're outside Toronto.

Don't know how soon you want to apply, but keep in mind FBI letter must be dated within three months of your application, and the entire back and forth process with the FBI takes 2-3 months.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
The FBI has made some updates that are not yet reflected on the CIC website.

The "cover letter" is now the Applicant Information Form (or "application form")
http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/background-checks/applicant-information-form

just follow the directions...
http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/background-checks/submitting-an-identification-record-request-to-the-fbi

It IS ok to just print the form on plain paper. Or if the police station has its own form, you can use that too, as long as it includes all the required information in the checklist. (That's what I did - it was easier for my local police station to just use its own form, since they could enter data on their computer system).

http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/background-checks/faqs