+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What can I do? H E L P

Nov 21, 2009
Im married to a Canadian Citizen, we sent our aplication, they start procesing, I got AIP, OWP, OHIP and Im basically waiting for CISC to finish my background checking, everything was fine, but suddenly my spouse is talking with some friends and want to withdraw my application, apparently she doesn love me or want me anymore, she hasnt told me in my face she is going to do it, but I know her and I think she will, It looks like her friends introduce a cute guy and he will pay money if she get married and do the PR.

So Im imagining 3 scenarios: 1. So in this very moment, do Im protected in some way or she can really do it and that will mean the end of my dreams and go back home...... 2. If DM what could happen, 3. and if Landing interview what could happen . What can I do?...........

Please, I really need advise and comprehension. Thanks to all. God bless you all.

Karlshammar

Champion Member
Sep 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
She can do it, yes, all the way up until the moment you become a PR. Once you become a PR she can't do anything about it.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It's true, she can withdraw the application but that does not necessarily mean you have to go home. If you have a job already, you can talk to the employer about the possibility of applying for a regular work permit for you or depending on the province, sponsoring you for PR under a provincial nominee program.

However, I am not sure it will work well for her to try to sponsor another guy right away. Surely immigration will think something is fishy when she withdraws her sponsorship and starts right away on the next guy.

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
yes, I totally agree with Leon, there's very little chance for her to succeed with her new application once she withdraws the current one.
if she really starts withdrawal procedure, try to get a work offer from your employer or study permit.
have a good luck!

Nov 21, 2009
Thank you very much for your valuable help, I was reading a topic, in my same situation, I just can't find it, and what it said was once the decision has being made, you just can't withdraw the PR application because it WAS made, and the undertaking starts right there, (its just matter of an interview to give you the PPR), if withdraw is asked for her, then I may apply to some kind of legal procedure and then make an evaluation and may, may not give you the PR, Im not sure, I m going to find that topic.. It's that right? Thanks Experts.

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
it's usually optional, but sometimes they can request sponsor's present too. it depends on decision they take.

Nov 21, 2009
We still living together, I just wish to change my mail address...... May I change my mailing address for a PO BOx or it would represent a problem to my aplication?