Star Member
Jun 8, 2011
Near Montreal QC.
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
23-08-2011
Then there's nothing else to do.....well except that you will get your SIN and apply for your card there, very practical to do at this time, much quicker. Have you applied for your RAMQ yet? You have a 3 month waiting period so it's good to do that early on.

Inland

Aug 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
23 August 2011
I guess I should return my paid ticket for a later date, I was told you can get PR card faster if you where planning to travel soon just indicate it on your application for 1st card.

Disappointment thought I was going to see parents sooner.

Anyways still happy... 23rd is in 5 days... ;D ;) :) :) :)

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Inland said:
I was told you can get PR card faster if you where planning to travel soon just indicate it on your application for 1st card.
I do not believe that this is the case on the first card.

smishsmash

Apr 3, 2011
Victoria, BC
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 12, 2010
Doc's Request.
May 9, 2011
AOR Received.
Sept 20, 2010 started processing
So I've gotten my approval and the agent told me they would be contacting me within 3 weeks for the interview. I'm in the 3rd week now and still haven't heard from them. Anyone know how accurate they are at predicting when the interview will happen? And how soon do they schedule the interview when they contact you- is it within the week or two weeks? We are trying to go on a vacation and aren't sure how far away we can go with this looming interview. Thanks everyone!

RedAlert

Star Member
Jun 8, 2011
Near Montreal QC.
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
23-08-2011
Inland: it says you should receive the PR card approx 43 business days after applying for it.

Smishsmash: Our approval for PR was on May 31. 2011 and landing date is on the 23.August 2011, so you see, it's different for everyone and depends also on the CIC office.

Inland

Aug 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
23 August 2011
Red Alert I got my SIN card since april but they told me in letter to bring it along and I will get a new number, I have my RAMQ card in beginning of July...

So I guess I will have to wait for my PR card... Can you travel on COPR document....

Anyways all is moving so I happy, we are fortunate, some people are still waiting. I wish them all the very best....

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Inland said:
So I guess I will have to wait for my PR card... Can you travel on COPR document....
Land borders, yes - But not commercial carriers - ships planes.

fleurette

Star Member
Jun 22, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-10-2010
Med's Done....
07-10-2010
LANDED..........
08-09-2011
smishsmash said:
So I've gotten my approval and the agent told me they would be contacting me within 3 weeks for the interview. I'm in the 3rd week now and still haven't heard from them. Anyone know how accurate they are at predicting when the interview will happen? And how soon do they schedule the interview when they contact you- is it within the week or two weeks? We are trying to go on a vacation and aren't sure how far away we can go with this looming interview. Thanks everyone!
Hi SmishSmash, I am waiting for the landing interview as well and it is the third week since I got my approvals.
I was sure before that they will contact me during the first 20 days like it happened in another cases.
But I have not heard from them as well. My local office is Etobicoke.

Indeepwait

May 16, 2011
Hello everyone,
Speaking of landing Interview and specially reffering to the following question : Have you ever been asked to leave Canada or denied entry? Do you think that having filed for PRRA (Pre-Removal Risk Assesment) would be considered as it to meant that you were asked to leave the country?

I apprecialte your comments.

RedAlert

Star Member
Jun 8, 2011
Near Montreal QC.
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
23-08-2011
Hey Inland...: don't forget you landing appointment tomorrow!!! Lollll just joking, bet you can't think of anything else :)
.........ONE MORE DAY ! Yeah!! :D :D

fleurette

Star Member
Jun 22, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-10-2010
Med's Done....
07-10-2010
LANDED..........
08-09-2011
Guys, I want to share my timelines with you.

Today we received the letter from local CIC (Etobicoke) inviting us to the landing interview!
So, September 8th 2011 is a day when I become a Permanent Resident!
It is the best gift from CIC towards our first wedding Anniversary!!!

dakonej

May 26, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
RedAlert said:
ah cool, well then we might cross each other or you might be already through, in any case, good luck and have a party afterwards, this waiting is OVER!!!
wow redalert, your process is only 14 months? Great, that's even less than what's taken some outlanders to get their PR even!! Congratulations!

Inland said:
I have a huge party planned...
Congratulations as well, Inland! how long did your process last? It's funny how some inlanders got approved in less time than some outlanders!

justina

Star Member
Jun 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-09-2009
File Transfer...
03-2010 to local office
LANDED..........
12-08-2011
Inland said:
Red alert LOL, I am at 9.15

Thanks Justina.... Do you have o send papers for your PR Card or they do. Congrats to your husband...
Thanks!!

They send the papers. We were told the card would arrive in 4-6 weeks. Can't wait, he wants to get his SIN and be able to work!!