+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

what are the things to do after becoming Canadian Citizen?

CANADAPATRIOT

Star Member
Feb 28, 2016
Folks, all are very excited about being Canadian Citizen but what are the first few things you should do after becoming Canadian Citizen which you can't do as a permanent resident?? It is an open question for all aspirants.

research-scientist

Star Member
Aug 18, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I will cross the border and drive to see my in-laws and friends in US.
CANADAPATRIOT said:
Folks, all are very excited about being Canadian Citizen but what are the first few things you should do after becoming Canadian Citizen which you can't do as a permanent resident?? It is an open question for all aspirants.

CANADAPATRIOT

Star Member
Feb 28, 2016
research-scientist said:
I will cross the border and drive to see my in-laws and friends in US.
There are people who were already living decades in US before moving to Canada and to those people US is no curiosity at all. What are other exciting things which you can't do as a PR?

research-scientist

Star Member
Aug 18, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I lived in US for over a decade before moving to Canada. I said my in-laws and friends, didn't mention vacationing in US.
CANADAPATRIOT said:
There are people who were already living decades in US before moving to Canada and to those people US is no curiosity at all. What are other exciting things which you can't do as a PR?

Anthony_nyc

Star Member
Apr 28, 2015
I want to serve the Canadian Air Force as an officer with my university education and work experience. We'll see if the "decision made" they put on my file is an actual "yes" in the mail.

robw

Mar 10, 2014
threecommas said:
I will vote, of course.
It's literally the only thing we can do as citizens which we can't do right now lol. Still, it's a big thing. I will proudly vote liberal (or NDP) in the next election.

ambient2

May 30, 2015
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Discover Canada (pun on that brochure we all received ) with 50% discount on VIA rail
https://www.viarail.ca/en/about-via-rail/media-room/latest-news/85408/10-july-2015-via-rail-renews-cultural-access-pass-progra

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
Honestly, for most people, voting is the big thing. For me it was.

For people who previously had a non-visa exempt passport, having a Canadian passport opens a lot of travel opportunity.

And for others, they can explore job opportunities in the USA with a TN visa.

YNSAFDARI

Star Member
Feb 6, 2016
You can Vote, travel visa free to 172 countries, serve in army or navy, stand for election and above all be PROUD to be the citizen (though not yet a Citizen but shortly) of a country which has offered so much more for you and your family, a country where you don't feel ashamed to apologize even if it's not your mistake, where THANK YOU is used so frequently with a big smiling face, where you literally care for pedestrians, I could go on and on so cherish and respect the citizenship of a country which makes you PROUD.

Reactions: kaladhar

vishalv

Jul 5, 2015
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
ADVO
App. Filed.......
22-07-2016
Passport Req..
13-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-02-2016
LANDED..........
12-03-2016
The benefits of being a Canadian citizen is quite immense:

-> Voting in elections.
-> Standing for Public office
-> Eligibility of jobs in federal government agencies
-> Visiting atleast 171 countries either 'visa free' or 'on arrival'
-> working in the US on TN visa

One of the key duties of the Canadian citizen is jury duty. At times you may be called upon to serve in the jury. It's a responsible duty for every Canadian citizen.