What are the Procedures for PCC from UAE

psc

Star Member
Nov 14, 2013
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello,

I am in Canada & need to get PCC from Dubai, someone told me it takes very long if I apply thru counsalate. So the best option is I have a relative in Dubai.

My question is,

I have finished my fingerprint.

I need help to understand what further steps do I need to take in Canada , before I send my fingerprints to Dubai, so my relative can apply on my behalf?
Do I need to finish Notary of fingerprints in Canada?
Do I need to legalize fingerprint from Department of foreign affairs & Development Canada?

Regards

cec14

Mar 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-06-2014
IELTS Request
submitted with Application
Do U have the Emirates ID, expired!!! doesn't matter. Send the Emirates ID to your relative in Dubai and apply for the PCC,will get it in 3 days..
Best of luck!!!

psc said:
Hello,

I am in Canada & need to get PCC from Dubai, someone told me it takes very long if I apply thru counsalate. So the best option is I have a relative in Dubai.

My question is,

I need help to understand what further steps do I need to take in Canada , before I send my fingerprints to Dubai, so my relative can apply on my behalf?
Do I need to legalize fingerprint from Department of foreign affairs & Development Canada?

Regards

vkshah

Star Member
Mar 17, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-07-2014
AOR Received.
24-09-2014
IELTS Request
CELPIP sent with application
Med's Request
26-03-2015
Med's Done....
28-03-2015
Passport Req..
16-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
18-06-2015
LANDED..........
22-06-2015
psc said:
Hello,

My question is,

Regards
Yes to all your questions.

Follow the steps mentioned on http://www.uae-embassy.ae/Embassies/ca/Content/1181

When you send your notarized fingerprints form for authentication and legalization (as mentioned on steps 2 and 3 of above link's page), I recommend you to include one nice cover letter addressing to DFATD (as seen on step 2), and in cover letter write up - include a request that "after authentication at DFATD, pls forward the fingerprint form to UAE embassy in Ottawa for legalization (mention embassy's address given on step 3)"

Don't forget to include bank draft of $75 (this is UAE embassy fees - do double check by calling UAE embassy/DFATD office in Ottawa) and also insert pre-paid return envelope. In cover letter, also mention full list of all documents you are sending to DFATD. Put all your contact details like current mailing address. email address, mobile no. etc. Also mention the reason why you want to do all this -eg. "to get Police clearance certificate for PR application under process in Canada"

Once you get your fingerprints form back with UAE embassy's stamp on it, send it to your relative in UAE, with cover letter addressing to the corresponding Emirate's (i.e. Abu dhabi, dubai's) police department address given on the table (in the same link's page). On cover letter, also mention full name, birthday, contact details of your relative who will go in person to the UAE police station to get your PCC and write note to allow him/her to proceed on behalf of you in this entire process of getting your UAE PCC for Canadian PR application under process.

You need to include documents mentioned on steps 1.a,b,c,d (I'm still referring to the steps of the same link's page, while for step 1.d download and fill up the form from - www.uae-embassy.ae/Editor/Appl.%20form%20Dubai%20Police.pdf) it doesn't matter whichever emirate you lived in UAE, you have to use Dubai's form for step 1.d - it is valid for all emirates.

Your relative will have to goto police station with all documents sent by you to get PCC on behalf of you, (not all police stations do this process, so your relative will have to find out the correct police station), there will be fees in AED your relative can pay in cash at police station, then they will call/text/email to your relative for pickup of PCC from police station once it is ready by them. Then you can ask your relative to send it to you in Canada.

That's it.

Reactions: tairion

psc

Star Member
Nov 14, 2013
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks guys for the important information,

I still have one confusion, in comparison to your input, the person at fingerprinting told me ;

STEPS

1. Finish fingerprinting - done.
2. Finish Notary - done.
3. Legalize finger prints from DFATD - i have couriered with covering letter explaining them I require this for PCC from UAE & inserted a return envelope.I haven't asked DFATD to forward this to UAE embassy because
4. Last step of PCC from UAE , the agent informed me courier above details to a relative in UAE and they will get quickly on my behalf.

My question is , am I in the right direction?

Regards

vkshah

Star Member
Mar 17, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-07-2014
AOR Received.
24-09-2014
IELTS Request
CELPIP sent with application
Med's Request
26-03-2015
Med's Done....
28-03-2015
Passport Req..
16-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
18-06-2015
LANDED..........
22-06-2015
psc said:
Thanks guys for the important information,

I still have one confusion, in comparison to your input, the person at fingerprinting told me ;

STEPS

1. Finish fingerprinting - done.
2. Finish Notary - done.
3. Legalize finger prints from DFATD - i have couriered with covering letter explaining them I require this for PCC from UAE & inserted a return envelope.I haven't asked DFATD to forward this to UAE embassy because
4. Last step of PCC from UAE , the agent informed me courier above details to a relative in UAE and they will get quickly on my behalf.

My question is , am I in the right direction?

Regards
NO. .
If you will send fingerprints without Ottawa's UAE embassy legalization stamp...police station in UAE will refuse to issue to give you PCC...and if your relative will approach local UAE embassy there they will also refuse to do it as it has to be done from your current residential country i.e. Canada.
If you have already sent to DFATD without asking them to forward it to embassy before returning to you then you need to send it to Ottawa UAE embassy once you get back from DFATD. .draft another cover letter addressing them with your purpose and also include $75 bank draft or whatever amount you may confirm before sending.

alyahmed

Oct 2, 2014
Ottawa
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

I had to get PCC from Kuwait, and I got one successfully. what you need to do is the following.

- get your finger prints takes.
- get the prints authenticated from foreign affairs ministry
- take the authenticated copy to UAE embassy.
- send the prints after you have both UAE embassy stamp and Canadian foreign affairs ministry stamp to your relatives in UAE.
- they should have one for you within 5 business day.
-have them send it back to you via DHL, I personally think its the most reliable overseas courier.

Good luck.

Suddha

Aug 26, 2014
Hi!
I need to get UAE PCC done. I have taken the fingerprints from local RCMP. Next step is to get it notarized from a Canadian Notary Public.
However, I approached two such individuals, but both of them refused to notarize since they are confused about where on the fingerprint card to put the stamp on and what exactly to write on it.
I haven't found any specific information on web about what and where on the fingerprint card to notarize on.
PLEASE HELP!
Thanks in advance.

khurram440

Dec 12, 2014
Hi All,

I have the same question as posted by Suddha. How to get the fingerprints form notarized? People who have successfully done this in the past, can you please advice.

Thaks in advance.

Sun1327

Jul 24, 2015
vkshah said:
Yes to all your questions.

(link)

When you send your notarized fingerprints form for authentication and legalization (as mentioned on steps 2 and 3 of above link's page), I recommend you to include one nice cover letter addressing to DFATD (as seen on step 2), and in cover letter write up - include a request that "after authentication at DFATD, pls forward the fingerprint form to UAE embassy in Ottawa for legalization (mention embassy's address given on step 3)"

Don't forget to include bank draft of $75 (this is UAE embassy fees - do double check by calling UAE embassy/DFATD office in Ottawa) and also insert pre-paid return envelope. In cover letter, also mention full list of all documents you are sending to DFATD. Put all your contact details like current mailing address. email address, mobile no. etc. Also mention the reason why you want to do all this -eg. "to get Police clearance certificate for PR application under process in Canada"

Once you get your fingerprints form back with UAE embassy's stamp on it, send it to your relative in UAE, with cover letter addressing to the corresponding Emirate's (i.e. Abu dhabi, dubai's) police department address given on the table (in the same link's page). On cover letter, also mention full name, birthday, contact details of your relative who will go in person to the UAE police station to get your PCC and write note to allow him/her to proceed on behalf of you in this entire process of getting your UAE PCC for Canadian PR application under process.

You need to include documents mentioned on steps 1.a,b,c,d (I'm still referring to the steps of the same link's page, while for step 1.d download and fill up the form from (link) it doesn't matter whichever emirate you lived in UAE, you have to use Dubai's form for step 1.d - it is valid for all emirates.

Your relative will have to goto police station with all documents sent by you to get PCC on behalf of you, (not all police stations do this process, so your relative will have to find out the correct police station), there will be fees in AED your relative can pay in cash at police station, then they will call/text/email to your relative for pickup of PCC from police station once it is ready by them. Then you can ask your relative to send it to you in Canada.

That's it.
Hi vkshah. Your instructions were really detailed and helpful to apply for my Dubai PCC. I live in BC, Canada. I followed the same procedure as you said and sent my notarized fingerprints form, bank draft and cover letter to DFATD. It was received by them on 10th July as per my Canada Post Tracking details. However when I called DFATD to check the status, there was an automated message to check the status on candoc(dot)gc(dot)ca. I did and found a "Request for Authentication Services" PDF form that they mention needs to be filled and sent along with the documents (fingerprints in my case).

It says the documents will be returned back if this form is not submitted or is incomplete. I'm worried if they are going to send all my documents back after waiting for one month for this and I will have to start from scratch again. Most of the details they are asking for in the form are already in my cover letter so I hope that should suffice, but again I'm not sure how it works at DFATD.

Now, I have the following questions and would really appreciate if you could answer them for me:

1. Did you submit any such form apart from your cover letter, return prepaid envelope, bank draft for the embassy and fingerprints for authentication?

2. If you haven't submitted any such form, then were your documents returned back to you or did they accept just your cover letter and forward your fingerprints to the UAE Embassy Ottawa for legalization and send them back to your mailing address?

3. Please let me know how many days the entire process took for you?

Thanks in advance.

PS: I have my friend in Dubai to whom I'll be mailing all the documents once my fingerprints get authorized and legalized.

Thanks in advance.

gabbar

Aug 26, 2015
Hi guys just wanted to know .
i left UAE 6 years back and left credit card and unpaid loans in uae as i lost my job in 2009 .
My question is will uae give me a PCC if at all there is a cheque bounce case with comments on it ?
or

will they outright reject it ? with or without reasons
since bounced cheque has been decriminalised in uae recently so iwas confused ..

thnks

cec14

Mar 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-06-2014
IELTS Request
submitted with Application
gabbar said:
i left UAE 6 years back and left credit card and unpaid loans in uae as i lost my job in 2009 .
My question is will uae give me a PCC if at all there is a cheque bounce case with comments on it ?
or

since bounced cheque has been decriminalised in uae recently so iwas confused ..

thnks
gabbar, it may be difficult for you to get a clearance as the records are not clear until unless u settle theseissue you will be a defaulter so u have to look for a deal with the bank explaining your situation....

gabbar

Aug 26, 2015
ya thanks i know it will be difffcult to get PCC but i am asking if they will give a documnent mentioning about the case?
or they will not give anything at all.

Then i will have to explain to CIC abut my issues .
can a qualified immigration lawyer manage this problem ?

will cic look at it as eqvivalent in their law or will reject my application ?

I mean is it possible to get a PR with these problems or even lawyesr cant help.

as per my knowledge canada does not consider credit card debt or cheque bounce as criminality ..

thanks

kumar.clt

Mar 31, 2017
gabbar said:
or

thnks
Gabbar
Wots is the update on it..hav u found a solution yet for your issue.
Kindly let me knw ur update on it
rgds

chiraz20742

Feb 14, 2019
Hello all,
I have already gotten the fingerprints taken and certified both by the foreign ministry and by the local UAE embassy here in Tunisia. My only issue is that the fingerprints are NOT on the biometrics card form provided on the Dubai police website. Any idea if they will they accept it?
I have tried to call them at many different numbers, no answer. I have also emailed, still no answer.
Please help! Thanks.

aman96preet

Jun 16, 2014
Hello all,
I have already gotten the fingerprints taken and certified both by the foreign ministry and by the local UAE embassy here in Tunisia. My only issue is that the fingerprints are NOT on the biometrics card form provided on the Dubai police website. Any idea if they will they accept it?
I have tried to call them at many different numbers, no answer. I have also emailed, still no answer.
Please help! Thanks.
If you ever had an Emirates ID card during your time spent in Dubai (doesn't matter if its expired now), all you need is the Emirates ID card number; plug it in on the online web form on the Dubai police website and pay an amount of approx. 300 Dirhams using a GCC or any other international credit card. They will email you an official certificate in less than 2 business days, no matter where in the world you are.
I got mine on the same day as I requested through their online form on the Dubai police website.