+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What are the chances???

Cindy2010

Mar 17, 2010
I used to sponsor a teenager who was from the same City in west Russia as where my daughter was adopted from and have kept in touch with her. She is employed at a gold mine there and now 23 years old. I want her to come visit us in Canada for 2 weeks but fear her visa would be rejected as she might be seen as a risk as she was an orphan with no family ties, doesn't own property etc... We would write an invitation letter and cover her medical, flights and all costs. Do I even stand a chance???

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
I am not an expert, but it sounds like it might be a challenge. From anything I have learned on Forum it is to make your FIRST try a strong one. Don't just chuck your hook in the water and hope for the best. Do all the research you can. Get together all the documentation and draft a letter. Make an appointment with an immigration expert and get some professional advice to polish up the application. I truly hope you are successful.

NetMecca

Dec 12, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
14-07-2009
Hmmm

I agree some professional help might be a good idea here. The stronger her ties are (financial family or anything else) to her home country, the better her chances as CIC mostly cares about her leaving Canada when the Visa is up.

Sounds like a bit of an uphill battle.

Good Luck...

Cindy2010

Mar 17, 2010
Thanks for your responses:)) I really think this one might be tough... She had zero family, little money and basically nothing strong to prove she would want to go back home. Terribly sad:(((

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
Yes it is heart wrenching. But I still think it is worth giving a try if you have the finances. Emphasize the positives. I don't know her actual history, but it could be something like this: Describe your relationship without emphasizing any dependence on you now. This young woman has great resilience. Brought up in an orphanage, now working full time and supporting herself. She has a permanent position (provide letter from employer preferably giving a character reference, future potential in her employment and permission for her annual leave. ) She grew up in Russia and was a friend of the daughter you adopted from the same city x number of years ago. Your daughter misses her friend and you wish to invite XXX to visit for two weeks. Have XXX include an itinerary and example of flights she would take. I don't think the expense of booking a flight makes approval any more likely. Both you and XXX understand the importance of abiding by the rules of the visa.
This is obviously just a rough draft of thoughts, but hope it gives you some ideas for moving forward. I still think an IMM expert would be good insurance. It isn't worth trying it on your own and risking refusal. Only gets harder to overcome refusals next time.