Med's Done....
19-12-2016
Passport Req..
28-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
09-03-2017
LANDED..........
XX-07-2017
If you can get a better score for Listening for your English test, you should get an invite for the French Speaking stream of OINP. So try to re-take the IELTS

mooncef

Star Member
Jul 3, 2016
BC4life said:
If you can get a better score for Listening for your English test, you should get an invite for the French Speaking stream of OINP. So try to re-take the IELTS
how many pts would it add me if i get a better score at listenning ?

electromecca

Nov 16, 2016
hey sorry dude not sure what happened to my reply.

so I meant to say, don't loose your motivation. :) I am in the same boat (388 points including lmia). I am discussing with my future employer to hire me under temp work permit. What does it mean to me and a company?
- First I can start earlier as processing times are shorter compared to PR (depends where you're located)
- Second company needs lmia anyways. This means that after 1-2 years in a Canada you can claim extra points for a Canadian experience, plus you have an opportunity to get extra few points for a part time education (1-2 year diploma)
- Also you're still getting extra 50 points for lmia approved job.

After doing mock up calculation I jumped from 388 to 512...

Not sure in what position you're but for me its all really what I can do now, so if your story sounds similar, talk to your future employer to sign up temp contract.

Best of luck!

mooncef

Star Member
Jul 3, 2016
Specterz said:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp

Use the above tool. If you have 450 or above, then you are good, otherwise chances are low.
i have 415 pts ! why the 450 pts threshold ? i even tried to max my IELTS score as a second language only got me to like 422 pts !
why less than 450 pts is low chance ?

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mooncef said:
i have 415 pts ! why the 450 pts threshold ? i even tried to max my IELTS score as a second language only got me to like 422 pts !
why less than 450 pts is low chance ?
Check the draw scores from 2015 to date, you will see how many times the cutoff score was below 450 points.

Cheers :)

electromecca

Nov 16, 2016
there's a table showing percentage of people already in Canada, who got ITA. I think it was something like 71%. That should give you an idea ;)

mooncef

Star Member
Jul 3, 2016
I have no idea how this score can be increases i tried maxing out tests score .. it only adds 7 pts .. or something like that !
can you guys give an example of someone who got over 450 ? how the hell ? without LMIA can you get over 450 pts seems impossible !

mooncef

Star Member
Jul 3, 2016
electromecca said:
did you added 1 year of experience? Try that and see what happens...
what year of experience ? i have 10 years of work experience .. the questionnaire only asks of more than 3 years .

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
With the recent changes in EE points, no one knows how the future draws will run. Do what you can to maximize your score and watch how the draws unfold. Decreasing LMIA points by 550 is bound to change things compared to prior draws. Hang in.

mooncef

Star Member
Jul 3, 2016
Pippin said:
With the recent changes in EE points, no one knows how the future draws will run. Do what you can to maximize your score and watch how the draws unfold. Decreasing LMIA points by 550 is bound to change things compared to prior draws. Hang in.
Thanks a lot man that's so kind , i will retake IELTS and max it out though and to get to 488 pts

mooncef

Star Member
Jul 3, 2016
electromecca said:
hey sorry dude not sure what happened to my reply.

so I meant to say, don't loose your motivation. :) I am in the same boat (388 points including lmia). I am discussing with my future employer to hire me under temp work permit. What does it mean to me and a company?
- First I can start earlier as processing times are shorter compared to PR (depends where you're located)
- Second company needs lmia anyways. This means that after 1-2 years in a Canada you can claim extra points for a Canadian experience, plus you have an opportunity to get extra few points for a part time education (1-2 year diploma)
- Also you're still getting extra 50 points for lmia approved job.

After doing mock up calculation I jumped from 388 to 512...

Not sure in what position you're but for me its all really what I can do now, so if your story sounds similar, talk to your future employer to sign up temp contract.

Best of luck!
Thanks mate if i retake ielts and rock it i can get my score up to 488 with lmia.
But the idea of temp sounds realy great how much time does it take?
Im married and have a daughter.i cant leave em from extended periods!

lulu lemon3

Star Member
Mar 15, 2016
Try adding your spouse's information, it may bump your points, and also getting your spouse to take the English or french test and adding those scores. If you have any foreign credentials, you can have them accessed for additional points (50 points).