19-12-2016
Passport Req..
28-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
09-03-2017
LANDED..........
XX-07-2017
mooncef said:
how many pts would it add me if i get a better score at listenning ?
If you get a better point at speaking, then you will meet the requirements to be invited for the Ontario PNP in the French speaking stream. If you are successful with this application then you get 600 additional points, which guarantee you an ITA

BC4life

Nov 5, 2015
Toronto, ON
Visa Office......
HKVO
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
06-10-2016
AOR Received.
07-12-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
19-12-2016
Passport Req..
28-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
09-03-2017
LANDED..........
XX-07-2017
Also try to follow this thread http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/oopnp-frenchspeaking-skilled-workers-stream-t308586.0.html ; with French as your first language, the PNP would by far helps you with your PR application than any LMIA as the LMIA has now been devalued

mooncef

Star Member
Jul 3, 2016
BC4life said:
Also try to follow this thread http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/oopnp-frenchspeaking-skilled-workers-stream-t308586.0.html ; with French as your first language, the PNP would by far helps you with your PR application than any LMIA as the LMIA has now been devalued
am confused i used another calculator , and read a lot about what's a job offer .. a job offer must be supported by LMIA or it doesn't count ..
do you have any official source on non LMIA job offer earning 50pts ?

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mooncef said:
am confused i used another calculator , and read a lot about what's a job offer .. a job offer must be supported by LMIA or it doesn't count ..
do you have any official source on non LMIA job offer earning 50pts ?
Step by step:
1. There is something as transferability points. you can get max 100 points there but there are conditions. Either you already have valid canadian experience and studies and then all you need is clb 7+ on your first language, or you must have cbl 9+ from your first language and then you do not need canadian experience and foreign and school is enough. That is why people advice you to retake language test in order to hit CBL 9 on all 4 skills. So just few points down on TEF can cost you like 50+ points in CRS system
2. LMIA is no longer worth 600 points but that change is very recent, that is why you can still find lot of resources with old info. Now it is just 50 points (so unless you have already good points it is not worth a hassle)
3. Some other Works in Canada are now worth 50 points without LMIA but with working under that type of visa 1 year already. For example NAFTA visa or Mobilite Francophone visa can give you such points after 1 year working there
4. Ontario has French stream under EE for provincial nomination. There you need to have TEF Canada level CBL7 or higher (from second half of B2 and higher) and IELTS CBL 6+ on the top. Ontario choses its own applicants and they will recieve provincial notification (read more under all PNP).
5. New Brunswick - if you redo TEF and hit CBL 8 or higher on all skills you can be eligible for their EE PNP nominations. There you need to send out EOI and see.
6. Points - from the start of EE, the minimum score that recieved invitation was never lower than 450 points (last draw was 470+ points), so you 366 or even 415 points would be way too low (there are lot of people there with such score). hence all the advices to increase CRS.
So

mooncef

Star Member
Jul 3, 2016
vensak said:
Step by step:
1. There is something as transferability points. you can get max 100 points there but there are conditions. Either you already have valid canadian experience and studies and then all you need is clb 7+ on your first language, or you must have cbl 9+ from your first language and then you do not need canadian experience and foreign and school is enough. That is why people advice you to retake language test in order to hit CBL 9 on all 4 skills. So just few points down on TEF can cost you like 50+ points in CRS system
2. LMIA is no longer worth 600 points but that change is very recent, that is why you can still find lot of resources with old info. Now it is just 50 points (so unless you have already good points it is not worth a hassle)
3. Some other Works in Canada are now worth 50 points without LMIA but with working under that type of visa 1 year already. For example NAFTA visa or Mobilite Francophone visa can give you such points after 1 year working there
4. Ontario has French stream under EE for provincial nomination. There you need to have TEF Canada level CBL7 or higher (from second half of B2 and higher) and IELTS CBL 6+ on the top. Ontario choses its own applicants and they will recieve provincial notification (read more under all PNP).
5. New Brunswick - if you redo TEF and hit CBL 8 or higher on all skills you can be eligible for their EE PNP nominations. There you need to send out EOI and see.
6. Points - from the start of EE, the minimum score that recieved invitation was never lower than 450 points (last draw was 470+ points), so you 366 or even 415 points would be way too low (there are lot of people there with such score). hence all the advices to increase CRS.
So
I will retake IELTS eventhough i qualify for the ontario french stream with my language score ! but i can't get to 488 pts with the 50 pts of LMIA (a big hassle for my employer) !
In your opinion what's the best road i can take from the steps you listed .

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mooncef said:
I will retake IELTS eventhough i qualify for the ontario french stream with my language score ! but i can't get to 488 pts with the 50 pts of LMIA (a big hassle for my employer) !
In your opinion what's the best road i can take from the steps you listed .
If you have at least 1 year work permit left, go for provincial nomination.

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mooncef said:
I have no work permit sadly !
Then you are a genuine FSW, in that case Provincial nomination as well.