IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
24-01-2014
Med's Done....
06-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
03-11-2014
Hello all, im new to this forum. Just wondering if anyone has been in the same situation and could shed some light on what the chances are to gain pr.
My timeline is as follows:
Application arrived in Sydney April 25
AOR recieved June 10
Recieved GCMS notes Novemver 20
Eligability: Not Started
Security: Not Started
HIRV:
Criminality: In Process
Medical: Not Started

My common law partner is the principle applicant and i am his spouse. He applied under the NOC 7271 (Carpenter)
He has worked for 2 different companies doing carpentry work since we arrived in Canada in 2010 and over all his has 9-10 years experience working as a carpenter. We were unable to gain contact with his first employer in Canada with whom he worked with for 10 months, so we provided a letter from 2011 around the time of his departure from said job that states his hours and pay. And a signed declaration from my spouse saying that he tried to gain communication but employer was unable to be contacted. (We are worried this letter or lack there of may affect our application)
On his employment letter from his current employer his duties match those stated on the Main Duties paragraph of the NOC page for carpenters.
However...under the Employment Requirement section we have only 2 out of the 5 bullet points:

Completion of secondary school is usually required. (Secondary school was completed, we did not provide proof)
Completion of a three- to four-year apprenticeship program
or
A combination of over four years of work experience in the trade and some high school, college or industry courses in carpentry is usually required to be eligible for trade certification. (He has over 4 years, almost 10 years and finished high school)
Trade certification for carpenters is compulsory in Quebec and available, but voluntary, in all other provinces and the territories.
Trade certification for framers is available, but voluntary, in Saskatchewan.
Red Seal endorsement is also available to qualified carpenters upon successful completion of the interprovincial Red Seal examination.

He does not have any paper qualification but trained as apprentice and then made carpenter for the same company in our home country for 7years prior coming to Canada. We provided a detailed letter of duties and salary from this employer.

Are the job duties and employment requirements of equal value? Or is one more important than the other in anyone's experience?

Sorry for the long post. I realize my concern may seem trivial to some, but none the less they are my concerns.
If anyone has any input or helpful advice it would be very appreciated.
Thank you in advance.

sashali78

Champion Member
Feb 23, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PeachyPeach said:
Hello all, im new to this forum. Just wondering if anyone has been in the same situation and could shed some light on what the chances are to gain pr.
My timeline is as follows:
Application arrived in Sydney April 25
AOR recieved June 10
Recieved GCMS notes Novemver 20
Eligability: Not Started
Security: Not Started
HIRV:
Criminality: In Process
Medical: Not Started

My common law partner is the principle applicant and i am his spouse. He applied under the NOC 7271 (Carpenter)
He has worked for 2 different companies doing carpentry work since we arrived in Canada in 2010 and over all his has 9-10 years experience working as a carpenter. We were unable to gain contact with his first employer in Canada with whom he worked with for 10 months, so we provided a letter from 2011 around the time of his departure from said job that states his hours and pay. And a signed declaration from my spouse saying that he tried to gain communication but employer was unable to be contacted. (We are worried this letter or lack there of may affect our application)
On his employment letter from his current employer his duties match those stated on the Main Duties paragraph of the NOC page for carpenters.
However...under the Employment Requirement section we have only 2 out of the 5 bullet points:

Completion of secondary school is usually required. (Secondary school was completed, we did not provide proof)
Completion of a three- to four-year apprenticeship program
or
A combination of over four years of work experience in the trade and some high school, college or industry courses in carpentry is usually required to be eligible for trade certification. (He has over 4 years, almost 10 years and finished high school)
Trade certification for carpenters is compulsory in Quebec and available, but voluntary, in all other provinces and the territories.
Trade certification for framers is available, but voluntary, in Saskatchewan.
Red Seal endorsement is also available to qualified carpenters upon successful completion of the interprovincial Red Seal examination.

He does not have any paper qualification but trained as apprentice and then made carpenter for the same company in our home country for 7years prior coming to Canada. We provided a detailed letter of duties and salary from this employer.

Are the job duties and employment requirements of equal value? Or is one more important than the other in anyone's experience?

Sorry for the long post. I realize my concern may seem trivial to some, but none the less they are my concerns.
If anyone has any input or helpful advice it would be very appreciated.
Thank you in advance.
No one can answer your question but the file is likely to go under review soon. I suggest you just keep ordering GCMS every month to keep yourself updated.

PeachyPeach

Nov 25, 2013
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-04-2013
AOR Received.
10-06-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
24-01-2014
Med's Done....
06-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
03-11-2014
Thank you sashali78 for getting back to me. What does under review mean?
Is there anything I can do if I see they are putting my application under review?

sashali78

Champion Member
Feb 23, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PeachyPeach said:
Thank you sashali78 for getting back to me. What does under review mean?
Is there anything I can do if I see they are putting my application under review?
I meant that your case will be reviewed soon so you should expect your GCMS notes to be updated. It will be very much dpeendent on the VO who reviews your application. I didn't mean it will go necessarily under a 2nd revew , sorry for confusion :)

PeachyPeach

Nov 25, 2013
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-04-2013
AOR Received.
10-06-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
24-01-2014
Med's Done....
06-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
03-11-2014
Ok, thank you for your input sashali78. Its greatly appreciated.