+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What are my chances or getting my work permit accpeted

Agonzalez

Nov 13, 2019
Im a baker, a recruitment agency got me a Baker job I already signed the contract and will begin my Visa paper work. I have 6 years of experience proved as a Baker I have my own business I pay taxes etc. I am 10 years married and have a 2 year old daughter. I will not be bringing my family at first rather I will apply for them later once I'm stabilized and have already rented a place for us to stay. I'm 34 years old but back in the day when I was 19 I overstayed my time in the USA it's been almost 14 years. Will that have an impact on the work permit? After how much time I can apply for my baby and husband to come with me ? Thanks

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Im a baker, a recruitment agency got me a Baker job I already signed the contract and will begin my Visa paper work. I have 6 years of experience proved as a Baker I have my own business I pay taxes etc. I am 10 years married and have a 2 year old daughter. I will not be bringing my family at first rather I will apply for them later once I'm stabilized and have already rented a place for us to stay. I'm 34 years old but back in the day when I was 19 I overstayed my time in the USA it's been almost 14 years. Will that have an impact on the work permit? After how much time I can apply for my baby and husband to come with me ? Thanks
Make sure the job offer isn't a scam. That's the first step.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Your US overstay should not be an issue given how long ago it was. However you'll need to make sure you declare the overstay in the work permit application or this will create problems.

It's difficult for any of us to say what the chances are of the work permit being approved. Assuming you are living in your home country and have strong ties to your home country (e.g. property, assets) - the chances of approval should be good.

You can apply to bring your baby and husband to come with you at any time. Your baby will need a TRV. Your husband can either apply for a TRV or open work permit. Note that approval is not guaranteed.

Agonzalez

Nov 13, 2019
Your US overstay should not be an issue given how long ago it was. However you'll need to make sure you declare the overstay in the work permit application or this will create problems.

It's difficult for any of us to say what the chances are of the work permit being approved. Assuming you are living in your home country and have strong ties to your home country (e.g. property, assets) - the chances of approval should be good.

You can apply to bring your baby and husband to come with you at any time. Your baby will need a TRV. Your husband can either apply for a TRV or open work permit. Note that approval is not guaranteed.

Thank you very much for your reply , i have another concern. I have 3 to 4 years of experience as a baker since i own my own baking business i make all type of pastries and sell them and deliver them to my clients homes etc i have
receipts of payment from my clients and i also pay taxes, im currently attending culinarys school which i will finish before i travel , my concer is i wont have my diploma right now to attach for the work permit , willl my experience be enogh to prove im a baker, i have more than 20.000 folllowers on fb/instagram i have also been interview by nation tv cux of my art. im a lil worried about this