+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What are my chances of obtaining canada study visa?

hk05

Feb 14, 2019
My academic grades are as under:

10th class: CGPA 7/10
12th class: 60.4% (science stream)
B.com: 58.4% (distance education, Delhi University)
M.com (Accounting and Finance): 64% (distance education, Annamalai University)
P.G.Diploma in International Marketing: 76% (regular, Delhi University)
IELTS Band: 7 (only in writing I have 6, in others I have 7 and above)

I have 2 months experience of working with economic advisor as research intern in ministry. During my P.G.Diploma I was member of many college societies and hold various designations.

I have got admission in TRU in Post Bacc. Diploma in Finance. Since, my graduation and master was through distance educaton, so I want to join this program. I can't go for MBA or any other master program because it requires 6.5 in writing and atleast 2 years work experience.

I have applied in colleges as well for certificate graduate program but no update in application status till now.

My brother and sister are also in Canada doing their studies.

What are the chances of my canada visa?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Your chances of approval are low. Your planned studies in Canada do not make sense in light of your previous education. The fact you have two siblings already studying in Canada will also work against you. Recommend you wait until you have enough work experience and strong enough IELTS scores to apply for a Masters.

hk05

Feb 14, 2019
Your chances of approval are low. Your planned studies in Canada do not make sense in light of your previous education. The fact you have two siblings already studying in Canada will also work against you. Recommend you wait until you have enough work experience and strong enough IELTS scores to apply for a Masters.
Yes, but as I have mentioned it was from distance education. I didn't get the kind exposure and knowledge required. And also, there are many changes in the business world. By doing this program would help me in repolishing my studies. Studying in Canada because it would give me a great exposure.
Yes, i do have siblings but they are studyingtgeth. Just because my siblings are there that doesn't mean it can take away my right to education. My family can finance my studies then why it will be a problem?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Yes, but as I have mentioned it was from distance education. I didn't get the kind exposure and knowledge required. And also, there are many changes in the business world. By doing this program would help me in repolishing my studies. Studying in Canada because it would give me a great exposure.
Yes, i do have siblings but they are studyingtgeth. Just because my siblings are there that doesn't mean it can take away my right to education. My family can finance my studies then why it will be a problem?
Your planned studies still don't make sense. Having said that, you can certainly apply.

Having two siblings already in Canada will increase IRCC's concerns that your primary reasons for coming to Canada is to settle here long term. This is another reason why it's so important for you to select the right program. Coming to Canada to study is not a right.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
My academic grades are as under:

10th class: CGPA 7/10
12th class: 60.4% (science stream)
B.com: 58.4% (distance education, Delhi University)
M.com (Accounting and Finance): 64% (distance education, Annamalai University)
P.G.Diploma in International Marketing: 76% (regular, Delhi University)
IELTS Band: 7 (only in writing I have 6, in others I have 7 and above)

I have 2 months experience of working with economic advisor as research intern in ministry. During my P.G.Diploma I was member of many college societies and hold various designations.

I have got admission in TRU in Post Bacc. Diploma in Finance. Since, my graduation and master was through distance educaton, so I want to join this program. I can't go for MBA or any other master program because it requires 6.5 in writing and atleast 2 years work experience.

I have applied in colleges as well for certificate graduate program but no update in application status till now.

My brother and sister are also in Canada doing their studies.

What are the chances of my canada visa?
Although you may not state it at this point, your ultimate objective is to apply for PR.

Your Class 12 studies were for the Science stream..... then you switched to the Commerce stream.... and both your qualifications (B.Com and M.Com) are through distance learning which are most probably not recognized by WES/will not give you any or maybe just a few points for immigration.

Your intended study program is a post baccalaureate diploma which is not a graduate program, and it would help only if you were intending to do a Masters program after getting an undergraduate degree. Basically, it does not make sense to do a post baccalaureate diploma.

Your best bet is to enroll for a full-time graduate degree program in India, and then apply for a suitable Masters program in Canada

hk05

Feb 14, 2019
Although you may not state it at this point, your ultimate objective is to apply for PR.

Your Class 12 studies were for the Science stream..... then you switched to the Commerce stream.... and both your qualifications (B.Com and M.Com) are through distance learning which are most probably not recognized by WES/will not give you any or maybe just a few points for immigration.

Your intended study program is a post baccalaureate diploma which is not a graduate program, and it would help only if you were intending to do a Masters program after getting an undergraduate degree. Basically, it does not make sense to do a post baccalaureate diploma.

Your best bet is to enroll for a full-time graduate degree program in India, and then apply for a suitable Masters program in Canada
Both B.com and M.com is recognized by WES. I have already completed Post Graduation Diploma. The main purpose behind pursuing Post Baccaleureate is that my graduation was through distance. Wherever you go for job, they are more concerned about the bachelor's and then master's. Pursuing this program would help me to cover up the less grades in graduation. I will gain the knowledge and skills required in MNC making me fit for employment. Thus when I come back, I will be able to find employment.

Also, having two siblings in Canada shouldn't be a hinderance in my profile. I have right to education too. I have my own reason for studying. We have sufficient funds to finance.