+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

what are my chances? need urgent help please!!!!

sas_1

Jun 20, 2012
Guys, please give your detail opinion / advice on my situation, especially on the arrest records and on the transcript.

Please bear with me this is long:

I came to USA in 1991 on a student visa - went to school on and off till the year 2000. I studied Electrical Engineering in University of Missouri at Kansas City and completed 107 credit hrs of 126 required.

In 2003 I was arrested by US INS for being out of status and severed around 7 days in the jail. I bonded out and took a voluntary departure to my country Bangladesh in 2003.

Arrest record chronology:

• Was arrested on a misdemeanor shoplifting (less than $20) violation in the state of Kansas around 1996. I was accused of switching tags on a piece of grocery. I pleaded no contest, went through a diversion program, paid a court fine and was told that after 1-year probation the record will be expunged.

• Was arrested (not sure if I was arrested or detained – can’t remember if the cops cuffed me or not) on a trespassing violation in the state of Missouri in 1996 or 1997 (not sure about the year). I was a taxi driver then - parked my taxi, along with other taxi drivers, at a place without realizing that it was a private property, the owners without warning us called the cops - later I learned that some taxi drivers were warned not to park there, but I wasn’t aware of it. I was arrested and was let go on the spot on my own recognizance. Eventually the case was dismissed because the party pressing charge did not show up at the court.

• Was arrested by the INS as mentioned above.

I am interested in coming to Canada as a Long haul truck driver on a temporary foreign worker visa.

• How damaging are my arrest records?

• What are my chances with these arrest records?

• I don’t have the official transcript from my college, but have a sealed transcript of instructors copy – can it be presented for work permit or immigration purpose?

• What other options do I have besides applying for temporary work permit visa?

NBaker

Oct 23, 2011
Nothing prevents you from submitting an application, but without all the documentation of your history and results it really is not possible to say one way or another through this type of forum.

A couple of important points though - are you currently in status in the US? If not then applying from there is out.

Does your own country require have a visa requirement for Canada? If so you need a visa.

If you want to work in Canada you also need a work permit.

You have described what sounds to be a significant number of hurdles to overcome prior to being allowed to enter let alone work in Canada.

It is likely in your best interests to contact someone where you are to either review your case, assist you with applications or for you to contact the appropriate Consulate/Embassy for further information.

While I see you have posted repeatedly, this is the only one of your numerous posts read. In case other details were provide in those.