+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What are my chances for applying asylum

sksk

May 14, 2014
Hello there,
I want to apply for refugee protection for my family. because, due to unsafe situation in sri lanka, me, my wife and 2 young kids want to apply asylum to canada. we are currently living in Abu dhabi, but since my wife lose the job, I planned to send them to sri lanka. but due to currant situation there (bombing and violent) i dont feel it safe to send kids and wife back there. with only my current salary, we cant stay in UAE also. what are my chances of applying for refugee protection in canada.Please advise.

AlexRox

Star Member
Nov 29, 2013
Hello there,
I want to apply for refugee protection for my family. because, due to unsafe situation in sri lanka, me, my wife and 2 young kids want to apply asylum to canada. we are currently living in Abu dhabi, but since my wife lose the job, I planned to send them to sri lanka. but due to currant situation there (bombing and violent) i dont feel it safe to send kids and wife back there. with only my current salary, we cant stay in UAE also. what are my chances of applying for refugee protection in canada.Please advise.
In my opinion , there is no risk towards any specific group prevailing in Sri Lanka . Of course brutal incidents happened and security in elevated. I was born in Sri Lanka and planning to visit there in two weeks. Even today around 2000 tourists arrived . So I know my facts right .Even if there is a bomb risks towards general public , I don’t think that can be a basis for a refugee claim. You may consider economic streams such as express entry.

Last edited:

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello there,
You've been given very good advice above. You don't have grounds for a refugee claim. If you want to relocate your family to Canada permanently, focus on applying to immigrate through an economic immigration stream like Express Entry.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
You weren’t even in Sri Lanka at the time so you couldn’t claim that you are in danger. Express entry is the only way to go.

Reactions: sksk