+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What are deal breakers in the health Assessment? Please Reply!

Kaddy

Nov 27, 2009
We want to have PR in Canada, but are worried about the medical exam part. We are in good health, but have a history that includes a heart valve replacement (2 years ago) and an assortment of other things like C-section, broken arm, pinched nerve, and I saw a counselor years ago for depression during a divorce. Are these deal breakers? We are almost 60 years old, by the way. We are college educated professionals who meet the criteria for skilled workers. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Dear Sir / Ma'am,

Besides the med conditions, it will be tough to get thru due to the age factor too, as an independent PR Applicant. Your best bet is to approach an Immigration Consultant / Lawyer. Take his opinion and let them file your application/s. They have a way with these things, are more aware than many of us on this forum and can guide you better.

The originator of this website/forum itself is one such. You may like to write a direct email to them, thru their contact home page and see the outcome. 99% they would reply you soon too.

Deep regards.

Kaddy

Nov 27, 2009
Thank you. We are working with an attorney, I was just hoping to get some first hand feedback if other people were in a similar situation. After reading some of the entries, I am gathering that criminal and/or contagious diseases are a greater issue. But, I could be wrong, so I am just "information gathering" at the moment. Thanks again.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Kaddy said:
Thank you. We are working with an attorney, I was just hoping to get some first hand feedback if other people were in a similar situation. After reading some of the entries, I am gathering that criminal and/or contagious diseases are a greater issue. But, I could be wrong, so I am just "information gathering" at the moment. Thanks again.
'
There is also excessive demand, in that you have a condition/disease that treatment will cost more that the Canadian average ($5452 per year) over a 5 year period.

PMM