FAM
App. Filed.......
30-04-2019
AOR Received.
05-07-2019
Med's Request
Med's Done....
LANDED..........
To answer your question, no there is no way to ask for your application to be processed faster. There are many others awaiting approval who are in your same situation and worse. So it's processed on a first come first serve basis. And though the process is speeding up for some (6-7 months), quebec applicants are generally processed a bit slower.

Regarding the quality of living here, I can definitely agree that Canada (like any other country) certainly has it's flaws and is not for everyone. I've seen many people come here from less wealthier nations with high hopes only to leave because they couldn't get used to the different culture, weather and quality of life. So you are not alone in that thought.
I sense you are already hating it here and that could just be because you are stressed about the pregnancy, high medical costs and debt. My only advice to you is to seriously consider where you think you will be happy and everything else will work itself out :)
Thank you for your reply.
I don't hate Canada. I was just stressed about the situation, but now I accept it and we are very happy to have our baby and we will also surely manage to pay for everything and there won't be any issues.
The most important thing is that our baby is healthy and that we can care for him and be a happy family wherever we are living.
Thank you for your input and have a wonderful day.

Reactions: Linda_s74

Atecami

Star Member
Dec 5, 2018
Montréal
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
30-04-2019
AOR Received.
05-07-2019
Med's Request
Med's Done....
LANDED..........
I apologize to everybody due to my posts.
I have now accepted that things are how they are.
I understand I am not entitled to anything and why not and I do not blame the Canadian government anymore for not having done some research before I got pregnant.
It is my responsibility to be informed and I have learned from this mistake of assuming things without checking them.
I also apologize for having made you upset. I have learned that I should not have reacted this way and that it makes no sense to compare anything to Canada since it doesn't matter in this case because I am not there anyways. So even if other countries I would not have to pay anything when married to a citizen of that country, it does not matter since I am not in that country and thinking that only made me more upset.
So I have learned to accept this and to move on.

And we are very happy to have our baby which is a huge blessing and I am confident that we will manage to pay for everything with God's help. Everything is not as bad as I initially thought. And I have learned I have to trust God and that no burden we will have is going to be bigger that what we can handle and that complaining is bad and helps nobody and makes me only feel bad and unhappy and this is not the way to go or to communicate with others.
I am deeply sorry about how I conducted myself and that I have upset you and that I have blamed others for my own mistakes.
This was just wrong.
I know the most important thing is that the baby is healthy and that we can be a happy family here in Canada or wherever we are. And everything else we will be able to solve with the Lord's help. I will not complain anymore and I am greatful I can be here in Canada with my husband and our pets and that we have everything we need. Other people sadly are not as fortunate as we are.

I want to thank you all for your replies and your comments and I wish you all the best for the future and may God bless you and your families always. Thank you.

zoya_99

Champion Member
Jan 30, 2015
Spain and Portugal do. Nobody there needs to pay in order to give birth.
But it's ok, I accept that things are how they are and we are still happy to have our baby which is the most important thing.
We will pay and move on.
Thank you for your reply and have a wonderful day.
It's hard to believe that they would pay for visitors birth. Can you provide any website?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
It has nothing to do with god providing for you. Knowing your husband was in debt getting pregnant and moving to Canada and not working was not the best idea. You are now and adult and don’t seem to be well versed on how the world works and how much things cost. You live in one of the least expensive provinces. For healthcare, rent, tuition, daycare, etc. You are going to be a parent and you need to prioritize what is best for your family and child. That may be hard things that you don’t want to do like working 2 jobs to pay off debt and your medical costs. You are having a child so it is time to stop having your own temper tantrums. Best of luck.

Last edited:

StephanH

Feb 20, 2019
Category........
Ah I rememeber having this exact conversation last week except is was more about how awful Canada was and how good Europe was but due to outstanding debts from your husband you were trapped in our awful, dirty and expensive country. I particularly liked when you said Montreal was more expensive than Switzerland:)
Canada is a Country and Europe is a continent;) What Country in Europe are you talking about?

Atecami

Star Member
Dec 5, 2018
Montréal
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
30-04-2019
AOR Received.
05-07-2019
Med's Request
Med's Done....
LANDED..........
It's hard to believe that they would pay for visitors birth. Can you provide any website?
Sadly I cannot find any wensite with this information, but I lived in both countries and I know a friend who is a Brasilian living in Portugal and he knows illegal Brasilian who gave birth there and they did not have to pay for it.
In Spain when I was there, turists where treated in the health care system and the health care turism was high, because they did not have to pay anything.
Also a friend who was a spanish permanent resident married an Ucranian woman and she did not have to pay for anything when giving birth less then a year later. She got the residency one month after marrying him and after marriage dhe got automatically insured by her husbands insurance.
I guess in Spain marriage just is more worth than in Canada, as being married is taken as a very serious thing. For example my husband would get the Spanish citizenship only after one year after we would live there because we are married.
Then also another thing, I never heard anyone ever say, they had to pay for giving birth or for health care in Spain or Portugal. And even if they would have, it is cheap. It costs around 2000€ - 3000€. But never heard it from nobody, nor from the news, nor from family or friends. Of course they will not make publicity out of this. Besides in Spain people do not see marriage as two people who are two separate entities. They are a family and as such, no foreigner who marries a Spanish citizen or Spanish resident would have to pay for giving birth. This is the same in Portugal. It is a totally different mentality then in Canada. And well, they have other issues instead. But my husband just assumed because we were married and for us this is culturally and religiously a very serious thing and a forever bonding relationship and we do not see each other as two different entities but as one flesh, he thought that I would be covered by his insurance, like the Ucranian wife of my friend was covered by his insurance. For him this was just the logical thing.
But we then later found out, I need not only to be a resident but one year married to him after being a resident in order to be covered by his private health insurance.
And this was something that he never thought. But we have learned that we cannot assume things just because they make sense to us or because culturally they are normal for us. Every country has it's laws and every insurance company has it's regulations and now we will know for the next time better.
And maybe I am wrong and people do pay in Spain and in Portugal to give birth if they aren't residents. I or anyone else I know just never have heard about that happening to anyone and it never ever appeared on the news or on the internet and I have never heard about that. While I did hear from the USA many times people have huge financial issues if they do not have insurance. That in Europe people have heard many times. About Canada not so much. I have even seen online the price is according to this website a bit more than 3000$, https://www.coynecollege.edu/news-events/cost-childbirth-across-globe

but here in the Montréal area we got a price list of the hospitals by Medecins du Monde and the cheapest one is around 7000$. With midwifes it's around 8000$ and we would have to pay a hospital deposit of 10.000$ because the birthing homes are affiliated to certain hospitals only. So it is not worth it without insurance to go for a midwife. But I have read online that in Ontario this is different.
So I guess it depends also a lot of the province someone is living.
In British Columbia there was a case of a Scottish woman and a Canadian and she gave birth in a hotel near the hospital with a midwife for example to having to pay less. They like us also did not expect that to happen, so I guess it is because marriage and family is culturally viewed differently and this of course also reflects the laws of the country. But here in Québec I have heard that the provincial government gives a high allowance for having children and has a long paternity and maternity leave. So this is something that is better than in Spain and Portugal and many if not most European countries.

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.cbc.ca/amp/1.1197532

Thank you and have a nice day.

Atecami

Star Member
Dec 5, 2018
Montréal
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
30-04-2019
AOR Received.
05-07-2019
Med's Request
Med's Done....
LANDED..........
Canada is a Country and Europe is a continent;) What Country in Europe are you talking about?
Well, I was talking about Spain, Portugal and Switzerland which are the ones I have lived in. But I know in Switzerland it is mandatory by law to have insurance, so if a visitor would't have one, they probably would have to pay. Even though I have never heard about such a case of a foreign woman married to a Swiss man and not being a PR yet, but being a visitor and she giving birth and having to pay for it, but maybe this is because they always have insurance or because they are seen as a family unit by the insurance company and the wife is automatically covered after
marriage by the husband's insurance.
But maybe I am mistaken and just because in all my life I lived there, I never heard a case that someone had to pay lots of money to give birth, nor from family and friends nor from foreigners that I knew, not even from people being there illegally, also not in the news or media, doesn't mean it never has happened. Maybe it has happened, but it was never made public and that's all.

And anyways I am happy to be in Canada with my husband and that we are going to have a baby and I have learned things aren't that bad. As long as our baby is healthy, everything else we will be able to solve and to manage. The most important thing is that our family is healthy and happy no matter where we live. And I am grateful to God for having my great husband and for being able to be here in Canada and for our baby who is a great blessing.
So I have changed my mind about Canada and I a apologize for having been so negative about this country and for my very negative words and for my pessimism.
I regret it and I now see it differently.
But thank you for your reply and have a wonderful day. I wish you all the best. May God bless you.