+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

What address to list?

spherical

Aug 23, 2015
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could give any advice on what address I should be listing in my address history for a period when I was physically in Canada but had no fixed address. I would like to be able to include these dates if possible as there will be records of my leaving and returning to Canada losing only 20 days and I was physically present but driving across the country and living in my van.

My lease on a house A in Canada ended on 31 August, I stayed with a friend in Canada for 5 days then flew back to visit family in the UK for 3 weeks (20 days outside Canada), but when I returned to Canada I stayed with a friend for a couple of weeks and then drove across from Vancouver to Toronto for 3 weeks, starting a new lease in Canada in house B on 27 October.

I have a few ideas:
  • The whole of September and October was vacation so I leave house A as my address for the whole period as I didn't change over my address on drivers license etc. despite the lease having officially ended
  • List my parents address in the UK for the 3 weeks I was in the UK for vacation, and put my friend's address for the time I was travelling in Canada although I wasn't on the lease
  • Just put in the address history that I had no fixed address for that time and submit an explanation why? I feel like I'm opening myself up to an RQ with this one though?
Any advice? Thanks!

Last edited:

silly_chantell

Star Member
Aug 11, 2011
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
7 Jul 17
Nomination.....
02 Aug 17
AOR Received.
26 Oct 17
Med's Done....
18 Sep 2017
Passport Req..
15 Dec 2017
VISA ISSUED...
18 Jan 2018
LANDED..........
23 Jan 2018
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could give any advice on what address I should be listing in my address history for a period when I was physically in Canada but had no fixed address. I would like to be able to include these dates if possible as there will be records of my leaving and returning to Canada losing only 20 days and I was physically present but driving across the country and living in my van.

My lease on a house A in Canada ended on 31 August, I stayed with a friend in Canada for 5 days then flew back to visit family in the UK for 3 weeks (20 days outside Canada), but when I returned to Canada I stayed with a friend for a couple of weeks and then drove across from Vancouver to Toronto for 3 weeks, starting a new lease in Canada in house B on 27 October.

I have a few ideas:
  • The whole of September and October was vacation so I leave house A as my address for the whole period as I didn't change over my address on drivers license etc. despite the lease having officially ended
  • List my parents address in the UK for the 3 weeks I was in the UK for vacation, and put my friend's address for the time I was travelling in Canada although I wasn't on the lease
  • Just put in the address history that I had no fixed address for that time and submit an explanation why? I feel like I'm opening myself up to an RQ with this one though?
Any advice? Thanks!
Hi Spherical, this is quite an interesting scenario. IMO I would say go with option 2; however, dont list your parents address but use both your friends' addresses. Use friend 1 as the new address after your lease A ended and then use friend 2 for when you returned to Canada and was travelling across country. After that use your new address starting October 27.

The reason I said this is I have something similar but on a smaller scale. Here goes my situation and what I did (I intend to submit my application 4 August):

I lived in Province A and at the end of my lease moved to Province B. I didn't start a new lease in the new Province B right away because I had vacation planned for that month I relocated. I had a sibling living in the new province so I moved my stuff into his place and went on vacation overseas for 3 weeks. On my return I found my own place and signed the new lease starting the first day of the following month. On my application I used my sibling's address for that entire month even though I was overseas: the reason being I did spend approximately 13 days physically at this address. On my physical presence calculator I have that period listed as vacation time away from Canada for about 22 days.

AGAIN, that is ONLY MY OPINION. If anyone has something else, please state it.

Good luck!!!

spherical

Aug 23, 2015
Hi Spherical, this is quite an interesting scenario. IMO I would say go with option 2; however, dont list your parents address but use both your friends' addresses. Use friend 1 as the new address after your lease A ended and then use friend 2 for when you returned to Canada and was travelling across country. After that use your new address starting October 27.

The reason I said this is I have something similar but on a smaller scale. Here goes my situation and what I did (I intend to submit my application 4 August):

I lived in Province A and at the end of my lease moved to Province B. I didn't start a new lease in the new Province B right away because I had vacation planned for that month I relocated. I had a sibling living in the new province so I moved my stuff into his place and went on vacation overseas for 3 weeks. On my return I found my own place and signed the new lease starting the first day of the following month. On my application I used my sibling's address for that entire month even though I was overseas: the reason being I did spend approximately 13 days physically at this address. On my physical presence calculator I have that period listed as vacation time away from Canada for about 22 days.

AGAIN, that is ONLY MY OPINION. If anyone has something else, please state it.

Good luck!!!

That sounds like it might be a good idea, it was the same friend before and after I went to the UK and I stored my bags etc. there until I left to drive over to Toronto so I would only need to list the one address for the whole time!

I'll probably go with that unless anyone has a better suggestion or something they've tried and submitted for when they have no address!

silly_chantell

Star Member
Aug 11, 2011
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
7 Jul 17
Nomination.....
02 Aug 17
AOR Received.
26 Oct 17
Med's Done....
18 Sep 2017
Passport Req..
15 Dec 2017
VISA ISSUED...
18 Jan 2018
LANDED..........
23 Jan 2018
That sounds like it might be a good idea, it was the same friend before and after I went to the UK and I stored my bags etc. there until I left to drive over to Toronto so I would only need to list the one address for the whole time!

I'll probably go with that unless anyone has a better suggestion or something they've tried and submitted for when they have no address!

Sure. We will see what the others think. I am sending mine of tomorrow. I will know in 6 months when they open my package whether I am correct. :p