+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

>>>What about After nomination for July/August Applicants <<<

hiteshkumar1986

Star Member
Jul 14, 2017
singapore
NOC Code......
Thanks ...How is everything on ur side Bro ?
I think you had a little bit hard time collecting documents as I see you did apply only on the 3rd of October
Yes it should be a maximum of one month -if you are away from Christmas time- for Medical Pass..
Wish you the best man...
Stand By Mode bro . Hope to get some updates by early next week ...

BillHyatt

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Toronto
Guys
@anwar01
@BillHyatt
Good Day everyone...
Do we have on the forum a good and very detailed thread with fruitful discussion and experience sharing ...for pre/post landing preparations for PR finalization ?
In terms of requirements ,time frames and best practice for associated preparations ?
I haven't seen any forum that has a detailed analysis of post-landing experience. However, I am trying to make a separate page (using simple steps approach) for this which will take time and requires inputs from experienced applicants. This page will focus on following key things (you can add what other information you may need):

1. Accommodation: Pre Landing bookings and post-landing housing options.

2. Banking: Accounts, Credit Cards, and other related information.

3. Tax: Getting SIN Number, Registration for Tax, and other requirements.

4. Jobs: Information related to free services, courses, job fairs, and other useful tools to find the job.

5. Communication: Getting Sim Cards (Data Plans), Wifi, and best service providers.

6. Retail: Day-to-Day shopping and Budgeting.

7. Travelling: Cars, Fuel, Travel Cards etc.

8. Other Info: Any Other information related to the settlement.

I will upload details once I have sufficient information and applicants experience available.

MEB

Jun 16, 2017
I haven't seen any forum that has a detailed analysis of post-landing experience. However, I am trying to make a separate page (using simple steps approach) for this which will take time and requires inputs from experienced applicants. This page will focus on following key things (you can add what other information you may need):

1. Accommodation: Pre Landing bookings and post-landing housing options.

2. Banking: Accounts, Credit Cards, and other related information.

3. Tax: Getting SIN Number, Registration for Tax, and other requirements.

4. Jobs: Information related to free services, courses, job fairs, and other useful tools to find the job.

5. Communication: Getting Sim Cards (Data Plans), Wifi, and best service providers.

6. Retail: Day-to-Day shopping and Budgeting.

7. Travelling: Cars, Fuel, Travel Cards etc.

8. Other Info: Any Other information related to the settlement.

I will upload details once I have sufficient information and applicants experience available.
Wow @BillHyatt that would be like a Dream Thread for us if it does exist.... Thanks again and again for your precious feedback.

We would like also a valuable solid opinion regarding best practices for people who already got jobs in their current residential country and confusing associated aspects like :
1)When is the best time to make a sacrifice related decision regarding leaving the current Job and going to Canada for permanent stay,and how to tackle the essential prerequisites to support such sacrifice
2)What people usually do with their current employers to take a long vacation for finalizing associated PR formalities in Canada?
3)Most importantly how hard is it to find a suitable Job...how much estimated time -in average- we will consume our resources for that ?
4)What is the appropriate process and timing to look for a job outside the nominating state, if you didn't find a suitable Job there and after how much time I would be advised to do that ?

Last edited:

ge3qz

Star Member
Oct 27, 2015
Philippines
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
21-07-2017
Hi Kabayan. CIC asked for the Travel History form, old passports used to travel in the last 10 years, exit/entry stamps in those passports, old visas (valid/expired), boarding passes (if any).

After you submit the ADR, your medical result will also be updated. I wish you a smooth processing of your application. :)
is there a way to upload these files during the uploading of document checklist in eAPR? I can only upload 1 file for a certain requirement.

BTW, @iamxty, @babyfreeverse, pinoy kayo?

babyfreeverse

Jul 15, 2017
is there a way to upload these files during the uploading of document checklist in eAPR? I can only upload 1 file for a certain requirement.

BTW, @iamxty, @babyfreeverse, pinoy kayo?
Yup! Pinoy :) what I did was combine all of my passports in the last 10 years into one file. 200dpi for the current passport and 100dpi for the old ones.

Then in the LOE, I explained the dpi and if they wanted a clearer copy, I could send it to them after they request it.

BillHyatt also suggested that in the LOE, you include tables containing your detailed travel history and address history. Here's the post:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/what-about-after-nomination-for-july-august-applicants.513660/#post-6299922

I put this as one of the appendices in my LOE. My LOE was also one file so I combined all my appendices into one.

Reactions: ge3qz

pearlberry

Aug 14, 2017
nigeria
NOC Code......
Hello everyone,
I am in the process of completing my online post ITA application and require clarification.

With regards to POF, for ontario application I had previously used my pension funds account (along with my fixed deposit investment letters) as part of my POF. But for application to CIC, I want to confirm that I can still use this account (pension account) without issues.

Or if from anyone's experience, any application had been rejected by CIC as a result of using pension funds accounts.

Please your advise will be much appreciated.

anwar01

Champion Member
Jun 28, 2011
Wow @BillHyatt that would be like a Dream Thread for us if it does exist.... Thanks again and again for your precious feedback.

We would like also a valuable solid opinion regarding best practices for people who already got jobs in their current residential country and confusing associated aspects like :
1)When is the best time to make a sacrifice related decision regarding leaving the current Job and going to Canada for permanent stay,and how to tackle the essential prerequisites to support such sacrifice
2)What people usually do with their current employers to take a long vacation for finalizing associated PR formalities in Canada?
3)Most importantly how hard is it to find a suitable Job...how much estimated time -in average- we will consume our resources for that ?
4)What is the appropriate process and timing to look for a job outside the nominating state, if you didn't find a suitable Job there and after how much time I would be advised to do that ?
I find this thread very informative regarding pre and post landing in Toronto. You can find a lot of information from this thread.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/living-in-toronto.482072/

Reactions: petta and MEB

anwar01

Champion Member
Jun 28, 2011
Hello everyone,
I am in the process of completing my online post ITA application and require clarification.

With regards to POF, for ontario application I had previously used my pension funds account (along with my fixed deposit investment letters) as part of my POF. But for application to CIC, I want to confirm that I can still use this account (pension account) without issues.

Or if from anyone's experience, any application had been rejected by CIC as a result of using pension funds accounts.

Please your advise will be much appreciated.
If your POF was accepted by OINP then it will not be an issue with IRCC. you can use the same source of POF with updated dates.

MEB

Jun 16, 2017
Good Day @BillHyatt ,any news about the hugely anticipated pre/post landing collective post u were planning for :)

Till then I would like to know more customized details - that I was not able to get answers for through other threads - like :
1)What is the average Pay for IT infrastructure professionals with more than 10 + yrs exp. in Ontario
2)Saw the Cost of Apartments/houses yes in several threads , but if its precisely a 3 bed room flat or small 3 bedroom town house (and both not inside / yet not so far from city center) ..how much in average would that cost ?
3)How much in average is both the first deposit /pre one time installment and monthly installment sfor getting for example German Car ,like example VW Passat ,what about for example a Japanese/Korean 4X4 like Pajero ,Hyundai ,Mazda ,etc...
4)Any information regarding Costs .Facilities ,availability and requirement for Social/sports clubs ?
5)Average Pay for miscellaneous monthly medical drugs (say strepsils , Catafast,Panadol ,Flagyl ,motilium,etc...)
6)Medical expenses outside covered insurance ,like dental crowns ,Optical analysis, etc...
7) How are common residential issues like electrical issues and plumbing handled ?what are the associated average extra costs ?

Sorry to ask lot's of Q's (and many may appear naïve ) but may be cause I am totally not aware yet of the entire aspects of residing in Canada, I am trying to grab as much information as possible from the start and as early as possible before its too late to plan well...

BillHyatt

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Toronto
@MEB New Data is expected to be available by 11 November (hopefully by that time we will also receive New Targets and Plans) then I will update you guys about that.

1. The Average Payscale for NOC 2171 applicants is $79,613 p.a. while 77% are expected to get Full-Time Jobs. The demand for these Candidates is expected to be High from 2017-2021. Experience and Qualifications will also impact this average rates.

2. It depends on Type of Accommodation you want and Budget you set for yourself. Many experts recommend renting Basements initially then develop credit history before renting or buying apartments, houses. Some newcomers also prefer renting places using Airbnb.

Things to look at are; Rent, Utilities included, wifi or internet, whole place vs shared, parking fees, and terms. Sometimes places seem cheaper but don't include other facilities and utilities while a little more expensive place may include all of these amenities.

The prices can be from $750 to $1,800 depending on your needs.

3. This will depend on dealers and financing options.

4. Gyms can cost on average $20 while rates for Sports Club differs with many offering free of cost membership. You may still need to pay for each game that you play (cost can be distributed between no of players).

5. For Cold Medicines can cost on average $10-$15 while antibiotics can cost you $25 excluding the cost of visiting doctors.

6. As like any other country Dentist charges very high rates. A single filling can cost you between $100-200+ while dental bridges for $800 or more. Well-known Dentists can charge you more than double to above amounts.

7. It handled by many companies and rates can differ with experience and brand names.

These are estimates and based on recent experiences of applicants. Therefore, it may differ with individual needs, family size, medical conditions, and many other factors.

MEB

Jun 16, 2017
@MEB New Data is expected to be available by 11 November (hopefully by that time we will also receive New Targets and Plans) then I will update you guys about that.

1. The Average Payscale for NOC 2171 applicants is $79,613 p.a. while 77% are expected to get Full-Time Jobs. The demand for these Candidates is expected to be High from 2017-2021. Experience and Qualifications will also impact this average rates.

2. It depends on Type of Accommodation you want and Budget you set for yourself. Many experts recommend renting Basements initially then develop credit history before renting or buying apartments, houses. Some newcomers also prefer renting places using Airbnb.

Things to look at are; Rent, Utilities included, wifi or internet, whole place vs shared, parking fees, and terms. Sometimes places seem cheaper but don't include other facilities and utilities while a little more expensive place may include all of these amenities.

The prices can be from $750 to $1,800 depending on your needs.

3. This will depend on dealers and financing options.

4. Gyms can cost on average $20 while rates for Sports Club differs with many offering free of cost membership. You may still need to pay for each game that you play (cost can be distributed between no of players).

5. For Cold Medicines can cost on average $10-$15 while antibiotics can cost you $25 excluding the cost of visiting doctors.

6. As like any other country Dentist charges very high rates. A single filling can cost you between $100-200+ while dental bridges for $800 or more. Well-known Dentists can charge you more than double to above amounts.

7. It handled by many companies and rates can differ with experience and brand names.

These are estimates and based on recent experiences of applicants. Therefore, it may differ with individual needs, family size, medical conditions, and many other factors.
Thanks @BillHyatt
Actually for Housing I am looking for just an average for 3 bed room flats or 3 bed Rooms attached twin house for example that is not in the heart of city center yet also not really far from it
For the cars I just want to know the generic standards ...how much %age to pay first and average for associated installments for such car categories like VW Passat or $X4 Pajero...etc...
For Medical expenditures outside the normal insurance... I think the average estimates you are giving... exceed even the Gulf states (that got no customs on them)..
Anyways will be eagerly waiting for you update after the middle of November.... :)

petta

Star Member
Jul 4, 2015
NOC Code......
****AOR Aug, Sept and Oct First week ****

Did anyone had a change in their status ?

Hardeep281991

Jul 31, 2017
Hi @BillHyatt ,ALL

I just got a message in my account, which reads HOW TO FIND A JOB IN CANADA. Does it has something to do with me file, is my file goign positive. I am a pnp candidate
Any idea when do applicants get these messages ?

Any input would be a great help and really appreciate it.
Thanks !!!!!!

Below are some lines from that message :

Congratulations. You are now a candidate for immigration to Canada.
You should think about how you will find a job in your field if you become permanent resident. Starting now will give you and your family members the best chance at finding a job that matches your skills, qualifications and work experience.

It is followed some basic things.

Last edited:

BillHyatt

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Toronto
Hi @BillHyatt ,ALL

I just got a message in my account, which reads HOW TO FIND A JOB IN CANADA. Does it has something to do with me file, is my file goign positive. I am a pnp candidate
Any idea when do applicants get these messages ?

Any input would be a great help and really appreciate it.
Thanks !!!!!!

Below are some lines from that message :

Congratulations. You are now a candidate for immigration to Canada.
You should think about how you will find a job in your field if you become permanent resident. Starting now will give you and your family members the best chance at finding a job that matches your skills, qualifications and work experience.

It is followed some basic things.
Many applicants have received from an authority called Foreign Credentials Referral Office (FCRO) which send these letters as a promotional program. Their aim is assisting applicants in settlement and finding jobs in Canada. It cannot tell if your file will be approved or not.

I hope this will help.