+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

what about a scholarship

adorableisme

Nov 18, 2007
thanks alot for being co-operative...i was asking about the time it would take to get a student visa,from the day i apply..to the day i get the result of my application?.

As the graduate courses in canada are very expensive...i'm willing to apply for a scholarship...i'm good at studies..and i'll try to score higher grades in the coming 2 years,so i would be eligible....what i want to be informed with,what are the reguirements for having a full scholarship....and i'm graduating in 2 years when do you think,i should begin my scholarship application....tnx alot..your work is fully appreciated.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

adorableisme said:
i need help.....tnx
First find a university through their websites http://www.uwaterloo.ca/canu/
Then see what scholarships are available for foreign students.
No one is going to hand you a scholarship on a silver platter.

PMM

adorableisme

Nov 18, 2007
what is the real purpose of meeting an visa Officer?.....what does they really need to know?
Moreover,i'm an Egyptian citizen,my parents are working in Kuwait...do u think its easier to apply for a student visa,in the canadian embassy in kuwait or in the canadian embassy in Egypt?....ur reply is appreciated.

Gdaymate

Star Member
Sep 26, 2007
I'm not quite sure what you are referring to when you say "meeting a visa officer" - do you mean the Immigration Officers at the Port of Entry/Landing or are you making an appointment at a consulate?

If it's the IOs you are referring to they want to see that you are entering Canada for legal purposes, that you have any appropriate paperwork that you may require and that you have sufficient funds for your stay. They also want to see evidence that you will leave Canada at the end of your visa. Even if you have a visa in your hands it is totally at the discretion of the IO to allow you entry - if they have any doubts about your intentions they can reject you so you must be prepared to prove your situation.

As for applying for a student visa the instructions say to apply at the consulate closest to where you live. The processing times are much the same for the two offices.