+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Wet and Electronic Signatures on Forms

goldfinger

Nov 18, 2019
Hello,

I'm a bit perplexed by the signature structure on the various forms. My wife and I have the following forms in my application -

- Generic Application Form for Canada
- Additional Family Information
- Schedule A Background Declaration
- Application to Sponsor, Sponsorship Agreement and Undertaking.
- Sponsorship Evaluation and Questionnaire

Some of them have signature fields that can be typed into, some have an electronic signature panel in Adobe, and some look like they have no electronic signature functionality.

I've noticed that the schedule A background form won't validate until a name is typed into the signature field.

Do we have to electronically "sign" the forms, or can we just use a wet/pen signature for each form? I know that online they say that you have to wet sign any form that you sign electronically.

Let me know. Thanks!

Underhill

Feb 5, 2020
Vancouver, BC
Any field that you can type your signature in must ALSO be signed with ink, directly above or below as space permits. Not doing both will result in a returned application.

goldfinger

Nov 18, 2019
Any field that you can type your signature in must ALSO be signed with ink, directly above or below as space permits. Not doing both will result in a returned application.
Gotya.

Is the typed signature good enough? Do I have to do that bizarre "Adobe Sign" thing?

Let me know. Thanks!