+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES

Catmom

May 28, 2020
Hey guys,

I am applying for education in Canada. About to send fill out form at WES. I want to know shall I only send my bachelors marksheets or my 10th and 12th as well?

Thanks

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
Okay. Thanks. Just confirming that means my University mark sheets only right? Thanks
Yes, your official university transcripts. It needs to be sent directly to WES by your university, or by yourself - provided the envelope is sealed with the stamp and signature from your institution across the sealed flap.

Catmom

May 28, 2020
Awesome thanks.I am gonna do that right away. Any idea if the student visa paperwork for canada restarted?

Catmom

May 28, 2020
"WES will accept academic documents that have been translated by certified translators from your home country or North America. If you need translation services, please contact COSTI Languages Bureau: "

What does this mean?

Catmom

May 28, 2020
Two more things -

1) Is it worth ordering copies for myself
2) I am yet to finalize the institute. got my ielts on dec 19th. Can I get my documented attested from WES and keep it with me and send it on my own to the university / institute I eventually finalize?
Thanks

lolcocks

Jul 23, 2020
Ummmmm, correct me if I am wrong, but when applying for Canadian universities, they conduct their own ECA? Among all the universities I shortlisted, only one (Carleton) asks for WES course-by-course evaluation. That too only if it is required.

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
Ummmmm, correct me if I am wrong, but when applying for Canadian universities, they conduct their own ECA? Among all the universities I shortlisted, only one (Carleton) asks for WES course-by-course evaluation. That too only if it is required.
Yes, this is true for most schools. I only encountered WES request with uRegina and like you said, Carleton.

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
Two more things -

1) Is it worth ordering copies for myself
2) I am yet to finalize the institute. got my ielts on dec 19th. Can I get my documented attested from WES and keep it with me and send it on my own to the university / institute I eventually finalize?
Thanks
It's good to have a copy sent to you as well. The schools that require it, will request it to be sent from WES (they will not accept the copy from you as the official copy). You'll need to pay additional fees for each institution you request WES to send to. Ultimately, WES evaluation is a great thing to do cos it interprets your results in Canadian standard. Make you that you request the course-by-course evaluation.

As for the translations, if your transcript is not in English or French, you'll need them tobe translated by an official authority. Follow that link provided by WES to find an accredited translator.