+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES Upgration ECA to Course-by-Course Query

PAUL7

Sep 8, 2020
Firstly, while I am initiating an upgrade without adding any new credentials, it is starting as a new application and says I will be getting a new reference number after completion of the process. Therefore, I am keen on knowing whether the old reference number is still valid for IRCC or we can use the new reference number for the same.

Secondly, There is a Document checklist of the same documents which I have sent earlier. I haven’t updated any new credentials and sending the same documents again from the University is a tedious process in this pandemic. I have also read in WES website that it will be storing the previously sent documents for future evaluations, so kindly advise me on that. Should I be sending the documents or will they updated from previous ones? what would be the timeline?

The last query I have is with respect to the first query, if the new reference is not valid for IRCC Express Entry profile then, is there any charge for ordering a duplicate IRCC from upgraded course-by-course evaluation.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Nandy0488

Star Member
Apr 3, 2019
Firstly, while I am initiating an upgrade without adding any new credentials, it is starting as a new application and says I will be getting a new reference number after completion of the process. Therefore, I am keen on knowing whether the old reference number is still valid for IRCC or we can use the new reference number for the same.

Secondly, There is a Document checklist of the same documents which I have sent earlier. I haven’t updated any new credentials and sending the same documents again from the University is a tedious process in this pandemic. I have also read in WES website that it will be storing the previously sent documents for future evaluations, so kindly advise me on that. Should I be sending the documents or will they updated from previous ones? what would be the timeline?

The last query I have is with respect to the first query, if the new reference is not valid for IRCC Express Entry profile then, is there any charge for ordering a duplicate IRCC from upgraded course-by-course evaluation.

Thanks in advance.
Hi,

Regarding your first query, yes you get a new reference number. I think the old reference is very much valid for IRCC and can still be used.
For the second one, you don't need to send documents again, while paying it says that they may need additional documents if required but as you are not changing anything and just upgrading the existing one you are good to go.
For the last one, there is a charge for upgradation. It is less than 100$ and it will take maximum 1 week. I got mine within three days.

Reactions: sandy_can and PAUL7

Nandy0488

Star Member
Apr 3, 2019
you can add a credential in the same account but then the transcripts have to be sent from the university

PAUL7

Sep 8, 2020
Hi,

Regarding your first query, yes you get a new reference number. I think the old reference is very much valid for IRCC and can still be used.
For the second one, you don't need to send documents again, while paying it says that they may need additional documents if required but as you are not changing anything and just upgrading the existing one you are good to go.
For the last one, there is a charge for upgradation. It is less than 100$ and it will take maximum 1 week. I got mine within three days.
Thank you

Simmidas

Mar 19, 2019

Thanks in advance.
It hardly takes one week to get the upgraded reports and you don't have to send anything. Hence, I would suggest you to take the report first. If you try to add a new credential then it would take months so initiate it after the upgrade. Money wise it won't make difference.