+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES - University Of Mumbai

fakhruddinhd

Star Member
Jan 29, 2018
Hi Guys,
Im sure that there are some answers to my question.
I passed out of college in 2008. However now im not in mumbai, although i am applying for Express entry to canada.
I have asked my family members to assist in the ECA from mumbai whatever is needed.
First step i have asked them is they must go to my college where i passed out of, with 2 sets of my 1st, 2nd and third year marksheet and degree and get that attested from my college.
Then they will take those to the university office in churchgate and submit each set in one envelope each, one with WES address and one with my home address. once the university calls and informs that the sets are ready, my family member will take the sets and courier them. One to canada, and other which will be mine.

Please advice if theres any step which im missing or wrong.
thanks

Varunaimar

Jan 25, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-03-2018
AOR Received.
20-05-2018
IELTS Request
29-12-2017
Med's Done....
08-05-2018
Passport Req..
20-09-2018
VISA ISSUED...
04-10-2018
LANDED..........
26-04-2019
Hi Guys,
I passed out of college in 2008. However now im not in mumbai, although i am applying for Express entry to canada.
I have asked my family members to assist in the ECA from mumbai whatever is needed.
First step i have asked them is they must go to my college where i passed out of, with 2 sets of my 1st, 2nd and third year marksheet and degree and get that attested from my college.
Then they will take those to the university office in churchgate and submit each set in one envelope each, one with WES address and one with my home address. once the university calls and informs that the sets are ready, my family member will take the sets and courier them. One to canada, and other which will be mine.

thanks
You don't need college attestation if your degree not from an autonomous college. University transcript is enough. Ask your family members to find out how to apply for university transcripts and complete the procedure.

fakhruddinhd

Star Member
Jan 29, 2018
my college is not an autonomous college. so you mean they dont need to go to my college at all and they can head straight to the unversity and get the transcripts and attestation?

Varunaimar

Jan 25, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-03-2018
AOR Received.
20-05-2018
IELTS Request
29-12-2017
Med's Done....
08-05-2018
Passport Req..
20-09-2018
VISA ISSUED...
04-10-2018
LANDED..........
26-04-2019
my college is not an autonomous college. so you mean they dont need to go to my college at all and they can head straight to the unversity and get the transcripts and attestation?
Yes. There will be a procedure to obtain the transcripts from your university directly. Please follow that procedure. You don't need to go to your college at all.

fakhruddinhd

Star Member
Jan 29, 2018
Yes. There will be a procedure to obtain the transcripts from your university directly. Please follow that procedure. You don't need to go to your college at all.
NOTED.
Im sorry if my questions are silly, however, i need to make sure i get it right as i am not in mumbai to run around and get it sorted and i have to ensure i give the correct information to whoever will get it done.
Will it be easier if, say, i request transcript from my college, then my relative / friend / family member takes copy of that transcript and the sets of my marksheets and degree to univ.
Or is it easy enough to get the transcript from univ directly.

Thanks for answering.

zagcollins

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2017
Category........
FSW
NOTED.
Im sorry if my questions are silly, however, i need to make sure i get it right as i am not in mumbai to run around and get it sorted and i have to ensure i give the correct information to whoever will get it done.
Will it be easier if, say, i request transcript from my college, then my relative / friend / family member takes copy of that transcript and the sets of my marksheets and degree to univ.
Or is it easy enough to get the transcript from univ directly.

Thanks for answering.
which college are you from?

zagcollins

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2017
Category........
FSW
Hi Guys,

thanks
university will not prepare your transcript, your college will. Get the transcript made from your college.

Here's the process in general:

1. Take your ORIGINAL marksheets, passing certificate(s), degree certificate(s), transcript(s) to the University - NOT Kalina, go to Churchgate (Right next to Sydenham)
2. Considering this is for immigration, take two sets of black and white xeroxes (arrange them in the order you like). One set is for their record, other is for you to mail to WES (they charge 5 rupees per page for your copy, 0.50 paise for theirs). Additionally, take a small envelope and a larger envelope along with the address and your WES reference number on them. In case you haven't paid WES your fee, just write it all and keep the number area blank, you can add it later. If you have paid WES already, you know what to do.
3. They will attest the documents (director's signature and a couple of stamps) and stamp the envelopes, and return it to you within 24-48 hours. Preferred days of visit are Thursday and Friday as the crowds are lesser on these days; university office opens at 11. You can reach by 10.30 and get your token number; shouldn't take you more than 90-120 mins to get your work done.

Note that they won't seal the envelopes, but everything else will be in place. Just seal with glue and mail it to WES. No need to separate college marksheets from university degrees. Just seal them all in one envelope, put it in a second one (larger of course), and you are good to go.

abdlmtn

Jan 11, 2016
Hi
Degree certificate, final marksheet and provisional certificate, is it enough to get transcripts. I am from an autonomous college. Plz guide me.

fakhruddinhd

Star Member
Jan 29, 2018
university will not prepare your transcript, your college will. Get the transcript made from your college.

Here's the process in general:

1. Take your ORIGINAL marksheets, passing certificate(s), degree certificate(s), transcript(s) to the University - NOT Kalina, go to Churchgate (Right next to Sydenham)
2. Considering this is for immigration, take two sets of black and white xeroxes (arrange them in the order you like). One set is for their record, other is for you to mail to WES (they charge 5 rupees per page for your copy, 0.50 paise for theirs). Additionally, take a small envelope and a larger envelope along with the address and your WES reference number on them. In case you haven't paid WES your fee, just write it all and keep the number area blank, you can add it later. If you have paid WES already, you know what to do.
3. They will attest the documents (director's signature and a couple of stamps) and stamp the envelopes, and return it to you within 24-48 hours. Preferred days of visit are Thursday and Friday as the crowds are lesser on these days; university office opens at 11. You can reach by 10.30 and get your token number; shouldn't take you more than 90-120 mins to get your work done.

Note that they won't seal the envelopes, but everything else will be in place. Just seal with glue and mail it to WES. No need to separate college marksheets from university degrees. Just seal them all in one envelope, put it in a second one (larger of course), and you are good to go.

****I had read the above reply in one of the previous posts as well, hence my confusion. so ill just get the transcripts made from my college, rest all directly ill get sorted from univ.

fakhruddinhd

Star Member
Jan 29, 2018
If you have attained your degree

no problem.
Hi Zag...
If youre online, i got another query.
As per WES website, it says under the documents requred :1. Degree Certificate and 2. Annual Statement of Marks / Official Transcript.
Now my query is:
1. Degree certificate ill get this attested from university
2. Im getting my transcript from my college today. However, do i submit only my transcript and 3rd year marksheet and/or both / or do i submit my 1st year 2nd year and 3rd year marksheet plus my transcript along with degree to the university to be attested and sent to wes.

Thanks

zagcollins

Champion Member
Sep 9, 2017
Category........
FSW
Hi Zag...
If youre online, i got another query.
As per WES website, it says under the documents requred :1. Degree Certificate and 2. Annual Statement of Marks / Official Transcript.
Now my query is:
1. Degree certificate ill get this attested from university
2. Im getting my transcript from my college today. However, do i submit only my transcript and 3rd year marksheet and/or both / or do i submit my 1st year 2nd year and 3rd year marksheet plus my transcript along with degree to the university to be attested and sent to wes.

Thanks
all that you have with you. University will attest everything.