+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES Timeline/Tracking 2019

mancugay

Star Member
Feb 15, 2020
I told them to get the application moving. They can blatantly give the same status, I asked them to work on my application repeatedly.

It had been more than 35 business days and that's when they told me that "35 business days" start when they have reviewed all the documents, not when I sent the documents and not when WES received them..

WES is the worst foreign organization I have dealt with.
1. What they say is not wrong and clearly stated on their website.
2. What makes it frustrating is the long waiting period before documents are accepted, and of course all the generic & automated responses they give.
3. With so much uncertainty, I have decided to apply for ICES simultaneously.

WantToImmigrate

Champion Member
Feb 4, 2019
1. What they say is not wrong and clearly stated on their website.
2. What makes it frustrating is the long waiting period before documents are accepted, and of course all the generic & automated responses they give.
3. With so much uncertainty, I have decided to apply for ICES simultaneously.
Good work on applying for ices.. what's their average timeline?

My brother has a phd from usa.. i am planning to apply for his eca.. m not going to go for wes.. do you think I should apply for ut toronto ces?

mancugay

Star Member
Feb 15, 2020
Good work on applying for ices.. what's their average timeline?

My brother has a phd from usa.. i am planning to apply for his eca.. m not going to go for wes.. do you think I should apply for ut toronto ces?
Their announced timeline is 20 weeks from the date all documents are received. However as I skimmed through forums, the usual timeline is 3-4 months, some even only 2 months.
What I love about ICES is that universities can send official transcipt via email, which saves a lot of courier time/costs and processing time. For most cases including mine, the status of "Documents Received" is updated right on the same day that documents are emailed by the university. For WES, this took 3 weeks.
Even though they do not provide electronic report, I opted for the option of delivering the hard copy to my cousin living in Canada, which she just needs to scan and email me.
As for Phd & CES, I do not have any idea.
IQAS has stopped receiving application until mid 2020.

Ardika

Aug 8, 2015
That is very unusual. You should contact them via webform or phone them immediately.
Well I did both but nothing useful! Called them and customer service was educating me that he cannot see more than I see as status and I better contact them via form since they can forward the email to relevant department which can see more details on my case which I did! Well you guessed right, I got generic response...

hlol

Feb 17, 2020
Are they doing secondary verification now after initially accepting documents?
My status is: In progress - we are analyzing and evaluating your document(s), and all documents still appear as accepted. I asked for an update and they answered me "additional reseach is required on your file".

Last edited:

Barkook

Star Member
Mar 15, 2017
Type: Evaluation update - Assessing PG Diploma from UK institute.

17 December 2019: Application created and payment made.
24 January 2020: Documents received and signed for by WES.
31 January 2020: We are processing a new package or document for your application.
11 February 2020: We are analyzing and evaluating your document(s).
19 February 2020: We are reviewing your evaluation. All documents were reviewed and accepted. Estimated completion date: 3/17/2020

So far so good!

Reactions: Jatt2canada

eept

Star Member
Oct 28, 2019
What is your estimated date of completion?
I received the report yesterday. Estimated completion date was 2/24. Although it was a few days early, I could not use the report to boost my score. My highest degree was awarded as Bachelor's degree a few months back. Then, I had my actual Bachelor's degree evaluated, but they did not include the second credential under the Canadian Summary Equivalency. Both studies are from recognized institutions. I hope they would add both credentials in the summary.

mvneema10

Oct 21, 2019
I received the report yesterday. Estimated completion date was 2/24. Although it was a few days early, I could not use the report to boost my score. My highest degree was awarded as Bachelor's degree a few months back. Then, I had my actual Bachelor's degree evaluated, but they did not include the second credential under the Canadian Summary Equivalency. Both studies are from recognized institutions. I hope they would add both credentials in the summary.
Oh. May I know what's your highest degree?