+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES Timeline/Tracking 2019

dotslash227

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2019
Which courier service should I use to send my documents. My university sent my documents twice and WES rejected it saying they were not sent DIRECTLY from the university even though they actually were. I am thinking I should take the sealed envelope myself this time and sent it via DHL. Any suggestions?? Please help.
Send it via Speed Post.

dotslash227

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2019
What the hell is happening it has been a month and not change in my status at WES. The timeline says:

We received your document(s). We are reviewing your document(s).

Status last updated: 6/14/2019

Already dropped an email to them seeking latest update but no update on that mail as well.

Anyone faced situation like this.... please advise. How much more time will it take for WES to review.

Thanks in advance for your help and support.
WES takes approx 2 calendar months from the date of first status update to issue you your ECA. Be patient. Forget WES, focus on IELTS, if you haven't given it and other documents, like PCC, which can take time to get.

Dheana90

Apr 8, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
What the hell is happening it has been a month and not change in my status at WES. The timeline says:

We received your document(s). We are reviewing your document(s).

Status last updated: 6/14/2019

Already dropped an email to them seeking latest update but no update on that mail as well.

Anyone faced situation like this.... please advise. How much more time will it take for WES to review.

Thanks in advance for your help and support.
You should definitely call them up. It takes time to get a response if you email them. Especially if you do it over the weekend.

So, the best way is to just give them a call and ask what is going on?Why it takes such a long time to review?What actions are actually involve in the review stage?

That's what I emailed them but got no reply for 3 days. Only when I called them then they update the status pretty much straightaway after hanging up the call.

Last edited:
Reactions: sandy_can

dotslash227

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2019
I don't understand why everyone frets about WES updates. When WES tells you that they will take 35 business days, they will, there is nothing you can do expedite your ECA.

I got it in 2 months, so will everyone and everyone after you. There is nothing that anyone can do to make WES process your file faster.

Reactions: Sharan083

Dheana90

Apr 8, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
I don't understand why everyone frets about WES updates. When WES tells you that they will take 35 business days, they will, there is nothing you can do expedite your ECA.

I got it in 2 months, so will everyone and everyone after you. There is nothing that anyone can do to make WES process your file faster.
For me personally, updates are important because it shows that they are processing evaluation,not only just sitting on the evaluator table and forgotten until the applicant have to request for updates.

I've read the previous post on this threat some people got the report earlier than the due date, one person got it way way earlier than the due date which is more than 15days than supposed due date. While others have to wait for more than 2 months or even longer to get updates and rventually get the report. So, WES is being inconsistent. They should do the same for everyone. (35 business days) if there is additional action need to be taken, they should inform the applicant that there might be a delay or something. Don't just leave the status hanging and I personally felt like it's unfair, I want my report to come that same fast. Many people missed ITA because of ECA report delay.

In my case, I've done IELTS and the only thing that push me back from getting ITA is WES report. So, don't mind my desparation for status updates and hoping to get the report sooner. :):)

Last edited:

yahoouser

Jul 15, 2019
Hi,

I have completed by Bcom from Mumbai university in 2006 but have lost my degree certificate (convocation) but I have the provisional certificate.

Has anyone cleared ECA with the provisional cert.

I also completed my MBA and have submitted the degree cert for the same.

Can anyone advise if I need to re apply for the duplicate degree cert.

I had submitted my docs on 25/06 and the current status is We received your document(s). We are reviewing your document(s).

dotslash227

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2019
Hi,

I have completed by Bcom from Mumbai university in 2006 but have lost my degree certificate (convocation) but I have the provisional certificate.

Has anyone cleared ECA with the provisional cert.

I also completed my MBA and have submitted the degree cert for the same.

Can anyone advise if I need to re apply for the duplicate degree cert.

I had submitted my docs on 25/06 and the current status is We received your document(s). We are reviewing your document(s).
Provisional degree works.

Re_Orangutan

Jun 10, 2019
Guys.. I submitted the WES application with my Bachelor's, Masters and a Diploma which is totally a different stream. Now, the University from where I did my Diploma is not ready to give the transcripts. I want to delete the Diploma credentials from WES. I have already sent a mail to WEs through their contact us option, almost 3 weeks ago. Still no response. Can someone guide me on what needs be to done. Thanks in advance.

dotslash227

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2019
For me personally, updates are important because it shows that they are processing evaluation,not only just sitting on the evaluator table and forgotten until the applicant have to request for updates.

I've read the previous post on this threat some people got the report earlier than the due date, one person got it way way earlier than the due date which is more than 15days than supposed due date. While others have to wait for more than 2 months or even longer to get updates and rventually get the report. So, WES is being inconsistent. They should do the same for everyone. (35 business days) if the is additional action need to be taken, they should inform the applicant that there might be a delay or something. Don't just leave the status hanging and I personally felt like it's unfair, I want my report to come that same fast. Many people missed ITA because of ECA report delay.

In my case, I've done IELTS and the only thing that push me back from getting ITA is WES report. So, don't mind my desparation for status updates and hoping to get the report sooner. :):)
Sounds fair that you would want regular updates considering you have CAD 227 or even more for the ECA. But, do you think it is feasible to provide regular updates to thousands of applicants every day, considering WES like IRCC is understaffed, and there has been an exponential growth of the number of applicants applying for an ECA through WES. WES used to issue ECA's in 20ish days, but not it takes 35 "business" days, and it's all due to the load.

Some people getting ECA's in 15 days is an anomaly, and those people are very few, like, 1 in 500. And anomalies are a normal thing. Just consider them lucky to have got it in 15 days. That also depended on, from where they graduated, some US/UK and Indian universities make it convenient for WES to verify student and transcripts by providing online tools or solutions like digitary or gradintel, thus allowing faster verification and processing, but many and most of them don't, hence, the time difference.

To WES you pay 220 CAD, to IRCC you would 1125 CAD. Some people get their PPR after AOR in 30-45 days and for some it takes 5 months and for many it takes around 8 months. Why does it happen so? Because, each application, each case is different, so the average comes out to 6 months, but some it harder to process, and some make it easier.

I have waited for almost 9 months to get to the AOR stage, for 9 months I have been dreaming of going to Canada and have been looking at flight tickets for the past 9 months and I have to wait for another 6 months. Trust me, there is no point in fretting over WES or IRCC or BC/IDP and getting frustrated over not getting updates, updates will come whenever they are supposed to come. Getting no updates is a good sign, it means that your application is being processed. You get early updates whenever there is something wrong with your application.

Reactions: Sharan083

mohsinoffline

Jun 25, 2019
India
NOC Code......
Sounds fair that you would want regular updates considering you have CAD 227 or even more for the ECA. But, do you think it is feasible to provide regular updates to thousands of applicants every day, considering WES like IRCC is understaffed, and there has been an exponential growth of the number of applicants applying for an ECA through WES. WES used to issue ECA's in 20ish days, but not it takes 35 "business" days, and it's all due to the load.

Some people getting ECA's in 15 days is an anomaly, and those people are very few, like, 1 in 500. And anomalies are a normal thing. Just consider them lucky to have got it in 15 days. That also depended on, from where they graduated, some US/UK and Indian universities make it convenient for WES to verify student and transcripts by providing online tools or solutions like digitary or gradintel, thus allowing faster verification and processing, but many and most of them don't, hence, the time difference.

To WES you pay 220 CAD, to IRCC you would 1125 CAD. Some people get their PPR after AOR in 30-45 days and for some it takes 5 months and for many it takes around 8 months. Why does it happen so? Because, each application, each case is different, so the average comes out to 6 months, but some it harder to process, and some make it easier.

I have waited for almost 9 months to get to the AOR stage, for 9 months I have been dreaming of going to Canada and have been looking at flight tickets for the past 9 months and I have to wait for another 6 months. Trust me, there is no point in fretting over WES or IRCC or BC/IDP and getting frustrated over not getting updates, updates will come whenever they are supposed to come. Getting no updates is a good sign, it means that your application is being processed. You get early updates whenever there is something wrong with your application.
Loving both sides of the argument here. I don't think asking for an update is the wrong option. If you have waited considerably, do it by all means. I saw some people having multiple updates but having the same status, while for others the date of last update is constant for several weeks, I would prefer to see some movement instead of nothing at all. As @Dheana90 said, a due date appeared on the same day he/she called them! Take away the freakish evaluations that take a couple of weeks and there are still many who have received theirs much before the due date (good on them), while people who submitted their documents before them do not even have a due date.

Reactions: Dheana90

Dheana90

Apr 8, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......

I never say WES should give update everyday. I emailed WES after nearly 1 month without any update. They actually check my account few times, that's why I have changes in the dates but still the same status which is "received docs. review docs". Why would they do that?

No update can also mean the application might be forgotten by WES because like you said, they might be understaff. However, understaff problem is not applicants' fault.

This is actually my second time. I request an upgrade to add my qualification and my first documents were sent electronically and they got it the same day. Now, they could verify it on the spot since the have access (username and password) to my documents . But it still got stuck in the review stage for good 50days before they accepted it and got due for completion date for another 20 days. That too was still delayed for 4 days before I can download the electronic report. I didn't even ask for update even once for my first one. Total 74days when I got my ECA report. I was really patient and tried to be understanding regarding the high volume of applicants received by them.

So this time, even though they receive my docs electronically again, I still wait for nearly a month for updates. So, personally, I think that when applicant's institution is recognise by WES + they have online access to the documents provided by that institution, there is no excuse for taking such a long time to review the docs. :):)

dotslash227

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2019
I never say WES should give update everyday. I emailed WES after nearly 1 month without any update. They actually check my account few times, that's why I have changes in the dates but still the same status which is "received docs. review docs". Why would they do that?

No update can also mean the application might be forgotten by WES because like you said, they might be understaff. However, understaff problem is not applicants' fault.

This is actually my second time. I request an upgrade to add my qualification and my first documents were sent electronically and they got it the same day. Now, they could verify it on the spot since the have access (username and password) to my documents . But it still got stuck in the review stage for good 50days before they accepted it and got due for completion date for another 20 days. That too was still delayed for 4 days before I can download the electronic report. I didn't even ask for update even once for my first one. Total 74days when I got my ECA report. I was really patient and tried to be understanding regarding the high volume of applicants received by them.

So this time, even though they receive my docs electronically again, I still wait for nearly a month for updates. So, personally, I think that when applicant's institution is recognise by WES + they have online access to the documents provided by that institution, there is no excuse for taking such a long time to review the docs. :):)
It's reasonable to request for updates if the time is above the normal, I agree with your arguement :) , but most people on this thread keep fretting over updates within normal processing times, is what bugs the most.

Reactions: Dheana90

Dheana90

Apr 8, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
It's reasonable to request for updates if the time is above the normal, I agree with your arguement :) , but most people on this thread keep fretting over updates within normal processing times, is what bugs the most.
Agreed. Others who should remember that 35 business days means 5 days a week (monday-friday). So it's actually 7 weeks in total. So, don't ask for update yet if WES just received your doc for a day.

VinayDhuwan

Jul 13, 2019
You guys should call them. My first status update was on 13th June as well which was "weve receive your docs. We're reviewing your docs. Second update still the same on 24th June. Last update was last night after I called them. Now my WES status is we are reviewing your evaluation report. Your report is due for completion on 8/9/2019.

I called this number +1 416 972 0070. Use google hangouts to call. It's free to call to US/Canada number
Sorry to ask but how you do a calling from hangout. I added +1 416 972 0070 number in my phone contacts but not able to make a call with this contact in hangout.