+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WES timeline for 2018

Mack Dash

Star Member
Aug 10, 2018
Any update of your evaluation???? My evaluation completion date is 28/09/2018 and my bachelor and masters both are from PTU.
last update was - WES does not evaluate studies from IKGPTU. Rcvd this update on due date of evaluation. no new update after that. Not even reply to my emails, messages.

MissionCAD84

Sep 19, 2018
last update was - WES does not evaluate studies from IKGPTU. Rcvd this update on due date of evaluation. no new update after that. Not even reply to my emails, messages.
When you sent your documents? I have sent in July 2018 and reached to them on 08/08/2018....Your study is from IKGPTU or before that That is PTU???

Last edited:

sgrv

Star Member
Sep 11, 2018
Thats really fast...ur 2nd update was pretty quick..it took 7-8 days for most of us here for 2nd update..
Really? I thought I saw a similar gap (of 2 days) between the first two updates a few times on this thread. mshastri, in a post below mine, has the same dates too.

If it helps, I sent a US masters degree from a well known university - maybe this is the reason why? There was only one document (transcript) to review.

Also, I noticed that they also added my Indian BE degree documents to the list of documents reviewed and accepted. I did not ask for it to be evaluated, nor did I mention it or send any documents for it. They must have linked my current application to an evaluation of my BE I had got done in 2013 before I went to the US for my masters. I had used a different email address and WES account then, so I'm surprised they linked it.

Last edited:

sgrv

Star Member
Sep 11, 2018
No update yet. Last status updated on 13/9. How long have to wait? It's almost 18 days from doxument delivered.
Based on mine (same update dates as you), you should get it soon, any day now. I hope you do. It also depends on the complexity of your documents, I guess.

MissionCAD84

Sep 19, 2018
Hey Mack!
I reveirec a similar email last night which says we don't evaluate degrees from PTU. WEIRD considering majority of the poulation sitting in Canada is PTU janta.

I've written back to them...how about you? Any idea on the next steps?
Thanks
Your certificates are from IKGPTU or PTU? You have studied in IKGPTU campus or any college affiliated to IKGPTU??

MissionCAD84

Sep 19, 2018
I sent two certificates -
1. 3year polytechnic diploma
2. Btech degree from IGPTU also PTU

My report was due on 21/9 i.e. yesterday. But yesterday I received an email from WES that they can evaluate my diploma but ""WES does not evaluate study from IK Gujral Punjab Technical University""(IKGPTU).

Now I know many folks who got their IKGPTU degree evaluated from WES and that's why I sent it.

I replied to them through their contact us page on WES website that - WES has evaluated degrees from IKGPTU in the past and that I know many folks who got their study from IKGPTU evaluated from WES. So evaluate my degree as well.

What else can I do in this situation now? Should I get refund or should I wait? Has someone faced similar issue where they received similar msg that WES do not asses degree from their college? Please give you op
Your certificates are from IKGPTU or PTU? You have studied in IKGPTU campus or any college affiliated to IKGPTU??

Babsfrey

Star Member
Aug 22, 2018
Timeline for my wife:

-July 2nd: Registration and payment made to WES
-July 24th: Documents Delivered (Courier Tracking)
-July 25th: Status changed to "We received your document(s). We are reviewing your document(s)."
-Aug 13th: Status changed to "Hold, verification by institution required" - this was after an email was sent to WES
-Sep 3rd: Institution sent verification confirmation
-Sep 5th: Status changed to "We received your document(s). We are reviewing your document(s)."
-Sep 6th: Status changed to "We received your document(s). We are reviewing your document(s)."
-Sep 6th: Status changed to "We are reviewing your evaluation report. Your evaluation is due for completion on 9/26/2018" - this was after an email was sent to WES

We are hoping that the report will be ready before the projected date. We do need to submit the EE profile before we lose 5 points to age in early October.
Further update:
-Sep 24th: Status changed to "Your order is under final review and your evaluation report will be sent to your recipient(s)."

Babsfrey

Star Member
Aug 22, 2018
Really? I thought I saw a similar gap (of 2 days) between the first two updates a few times on this thread. mshastri, in a post below mine, has the same dates too.

If it helps, I sent a US masters degree from a well known university - maybe this is the reason why? There was only one document (transcript) to review.

Also, I noticed that they also added my Indian BE degree documents to the list of documents reviewed and accepted. I did not ask for it to be evaluated, nor did I mention it or send any documents for it. They must have linked my current application to an evaluation of my BE I had got done in 2013 before I went to the US for my masters. I had used a different email address and WES account then, so I'm surprised they linked it.
I guess it is a good thing that they linked it for you. It gives you a much better report.

mshastri

Apr 7, 2018
Based on mine (same update dates as you), you should get it soon, any day now. I hope you do. It also depends on the complexity of your documents, I guess.
Thank you for your reply.
Mine is also one transcript same as you. My bachelor's already did in last April. Expecting update today.

Rahuloc

Star Member
Aug 27, 2018

Yes...if u see some backdated posts there r folks who submitted around sept 4 n still haven't received evaluation date...but i think ur previous evaluation might have helped u here...
Also i have submitted my US masters for evaluation last week n even i got the 2nd update in 5 days....so looks like US degrees r evaluated little faster say 1 week early..

Babsfrey

Star Member
Aug 22, 2018
-July 2nd: Registration and payment made to WES
-July 24th: Documents Delivered (Courier Tracking)
-July 25th: Status changed to "We received your document(s). We are reviewing your document(s)."
-Aug 13th: Status changed to "Hold, verification by institution required"
-Sep 3rd: Institution sent verification confirmation
-Sep 5th: Status changed to "We received your document(s). We are reviewing your document(s)."
-Sep 6th: Status changed to "We received your document(s). We are reviewing your document(s)."
-Sep 6th: Status changed to "We are reviewing your evaluation report. Your evaluation is due for completion on 9/26/2018"
-Sep 24th: Status changed to "Your order is under final review and your evaluation report will be sent to your recipient(s)
-Sep 25th: Report completed and available for download

Reactions: sgrv

Rahuloc

Star Member
Aug 27, 2018
Wes timeline for my wife

Sept 4 - Docs delivered to wes

Sept 6 - we received ur docs

Sept 13 - we received ur docs

Sept 25 - All documents were reviewed and accepted.

Sept 25 - In progress. We are reviewing your evaluation report

They have updated the evaluation completion date to 16th oct.